We live in a country where Neurosurgeons are working as Care Assistants, where aspiring Marine Engineers are driving us around London in the back of their cabs and qualified Lawyers are stacking supermarket shelves. RefuAid’s Equal Access Programmes aim to change this by focusing on the key barriers faced by those who are granted leave to remain in the UK and are trying to restart their lives; finance and requalification, language tuition and specialist employment advice & experience.
In partnership with British Council accredited language schools across the UK, we provide intensive language tuition that enables refugees and asylum seekers to overcome the language barrier and work towards restarting their lives, whether it be through higher education or employment.
Additionally, in partnership with employers throughout the UK, our Equal Access Employment programme supports overseas qualified professionals and university graduates with refugee status to return to work that is commensurate with their skills and experiences, as well as helping companies to diversify.
About the Role
The role will be split with 2 days a week focusing on admissions officer work and 3 days a week working as a candidate resourcer. The Candidate Resourcer and Admissions Officer will be responsible for contacting RefuAid clients to ascertain their required next steps and collect information on their employment requirements, with the aim of ensuring that they are connected to relevant employment opportunities or RefuAid programmes. You will work closely with our Head of Recruitment to ensure that we have a robust candidate pool for any job opportunities that our employment partners refer to us.
The Candidate Resourcer and Admissions Officer will also be responsible for processing language programme student applications, including conducting initial calls, checking eligibility, and flagging priority students to relevant Language Caseworkers in order to enrol them on the programme. This role will work across two of RefuAid’s core programmes, reporting to both our Language Lead and our Head of Recruitment.
- Monitoring and processing new and incoming applications for the RefuAid language programme, which includes:
- Prioritizing students according to RefuAid’s eligibility criteria and flagging with relevant caseworkers in order to support school enrolments
- Recording all of this information on Salesforce and flagging with relevant members of staff where necessary
- Communicating with previous RefuAid clients in order to determine how they are progressing and what employment support they may need.
- Conducting initial calls with new applicants to determine their individual pathway and eligibility for RefuAid’s Language Programme.
- Working closely with the Head of Recruitment to develop a robust list of candidates, whether experienced professionals or university graduates, for any relevant job opportunities. This includes speaking to university students ahead of their graduation in order to discuss employment opportunities and next steps.
- Collecting information for Comms and PR purposes, including success stories for newsletters and school updates.
- Signposting students to either RefuAid caseworkers or external organisations, if and when required.
- Ensuring all information is accurately recorded on Salesforce.
- Working with the Language Lead, Head of Recruitment and Director of Operations to improve and enhance enrolment and employment processes where necessary
- Directly working with refugees and offering programme guidance & educational/careers advice
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES:
Excellent communication skills on telephone, in writing and in person
Excellent administrative and time management skills.
Excellent ability to collect and record data accurately.
Commitment to, understanding and sensitive communication of our work and RefuAid's values.
A high standard of spoken and written English.
Meticulous; high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
Excellent IT skills; specifically, Microsoft Office, Salesforce and any additional software programs would be an advantage.
Interest in the importance of long-term solutions in refugee-hosting communities.
Enthusiastic and positive attitude; flexible and adaptable.
Collaborative team-player who will get involved in whatever needs to be done to achieve the aims of RefuAid.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.