RefuAid is a young and dynamic organisation supporting displaced people gain independence. We focus on three key barriers for refugees trying to restart their lives in the UK: finance and re-qualification, language tuition and specialist employment advice.
We want to challenge the negative rhetoric surrounding refugees and show that, given the right support, refugees and asylum seekers can be an asset both economically and culturally to their host communities.
The current English language provision in the UK remains underfunded and difficult to access, without access to structured language tuition refugees find themselves isolated unable to advocate for themselves or begin to integrate into the UK.
RefuAid provides scholarship places at private English language schools throughout the UK for people who have been granted asylum to improve their English and take English language exams. This tuition and the exams provide the necessary qualification to enter a university or a profession in the UK.
RefuAid support the students in a caseworker capacity throughout the duration of their course.
We are looking for a full-time language caseworker to support the running of our nationwide language programme which supports refugees and asylum-seekers to gain the needed level of language and qualification to access education and employment. You will work directly alongside the Language Programme Team, providing support within a variety of areas.
· Casework, directly working with RefuAid clients - providing programme guidance & educational/careers advice.
· Creating and maintaining relationships at partner schools.
· Liaising with partner organisations, both non-profit and maintaining existing partnerships.
· Processing payments for students.
· Administration assistance - database and accounts
· Participate in any necessary meetings.
· Any other reasonable activity as needed for RefuAid.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES:
· Excellent administrative and time management skills.
· Excellent communication skills on telephone, in writing and in person.
· Commitment to, understanding and sensitive communication of our work and values.
· A high standard of spoken and written English.
· Excellent numeracy.
· Meticulous; high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
· Excellent IT skills; specifically, Microsoft Office, CRM systems and any additional software programs would be an advantage.
· Interest in the importance of long-term solutions in refugee-hosting communities, specifically in breaking down the language barrier.
· Enthusiastic and positive attitude; flexible and adaptable.
· Collaborative team-player who will get involved in whatever needs to be done to achieve the aims of RefuAid.
Committed to reflection and learning, including sharing failures and uncertainties.
We are committed to providing equality and fairness for all and not to discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, mental health, religion or age. We encourage and celebrate the different qualities that our colleagues, and others we work with, bring to our work. And we believe that seeing things from a wide range of different perspectives helps us to resolve problems, adapt our approaches and develop as an organisation. We want to bring greater diversity to our team and we are keen to receive applications from people who believe they would do this.
Due to a high volume of applications we are only able to respond to successful applications.
Please keep the cover letter to one paragraph.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.