In late 2018, Refuge appointed a new Director of Fundraising to rebuild and transform their fundraising team. In a short time, they’ve grown from 4 permanent employees to a team of 16; rebuilt around transparency, cohesion, ambition and teamwork. Last year they achieved £3.1m income and they are already ahead of schedule for their target of £4.3m for 20/21. They are soon to launch a new fundraising strategy, where they’ll double their income in the next 3 years.
As part of this they are looking to appoint a new Major Donor Manager to support growth in philanthropic giving and establish a giving club, focussed on excellent stewardship and donor relations. This is a newly created role, responsible for a diverse portfolio (c.£500k) of high value donors.
As Major Donor Manager you will:
- Support the creation and management of a brand new giving circle.
- Work with the wider fundraising directorate to create a capital appeal for Refuge’s 50th anniversary.
- Work closely with the Head of Major Giving to create a new major donor strategy and regularly review its success.
- Support growth in income by securing new gifts and pledges from your portfolio, while working closely with the prospect researcher to identify new opportunities.
The role would be best suited to:
- An experienced major donor fundraiser, happy to work autonomously and take responsibility for their own portfolio.
- Someone with knowledge/experience of giving circles and capital appeals.
- A skilled relationship manager, able to support external engagement through excellent stewardship and supported donor journeys.
The closing date for applications is Friday 24th July. Please contact Naomi at QuarterFive for further details.