Refugee Action Kingston (RAK) is a small charity dedicated to supporting refugees and asylum seekers from anywhere in the world who find themselves in the Royal Borough of Kingston and neighbouring boroughs.
RAK aims to support people from the asylum seeking and refugee communities to integrate into the local area. We deliver advice around immigration, benefits, education, utilities, health and housing. We deliver English classes from our Learning Centre in Piper Hall. The Employment Service delivers IAG and Employability opportunities as well as Mentoring.
This role will work within the Employment Service and will concentrate on promoting the project to people in the asylum seeker and refugee community as well as establishing links with local referral partners to increase access to the Employment support offered.
- Work with the Employment Service team to plan and deliver outreach engagements, meetings and events to engage clients and partnerships
- Ensure all new clients to the Employment Service are registered in line with RAK policies and procedures
- Promote the Employment Service by producing content that can be used on social media, website and sent to stakeholders to generate enquiries about the Employment Service
- Populate the CRM system (lamplight) with new partnerships and referrals and keep updated
- Manage Employment Service enquiries, incoming calls and emails, making appointments with advisers or providing information and sign-posting to alternative support as necessary
- Engage a target number of clients to participate in the Employment Service
- Set up team meetings, take minutes and circulate as appropriate
- Data update, checking and cleansing to ensure data quality
- To support the Employment Service team with administration support as required
- Work occasional evenings and weekends
- To attend team meetings as appropriate
- To attend training courses and supervision meetings as appropriate
- To be committed to all RAK policies such as the equal opportunities, health and safety and confidentiality policies
- Experience of written communications including drafting letters and emails and writing content for promotion.
- Excellent verbal skills and an ability to communicate with a wide range of audiences.
- Good ICT skills including Office 365.
- Good time management skills using project planning techniques & outlook (prioritization)
- Experience of databases, including data entry processes and maintenance.
- Demonstrate an enthusiasm for marketing and communications and using social media
- Ability to work as part of a small team
- Ability to problem solve and introduce new admin processes and systems
- Commitment to working within an equality and diversity framework
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural organization
- Knowledge of data protection, safeguarding and confidentiality requirements.
- Familiarity with a refugee community language would be useful e.g. Farsi, Arabic or Korean.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.