Refugee Action exists to help refugees and people seeking asylum who’ve survived some of the world’s worst regimes. After fleeing unimaginable horrors, they find themselves in a continued crisis in the UK, often homeless, living in poverty and unable to work. We provide these highly vulnerable, traumatised people with the support they need to live again with dignity. Then we help them build safe, happy and productive lives in the UK. Our vision is that refugees and people seeking asylum will be welcome in the UK. They will get justice, live free of poverty and be able to successfully rebuild their lives.
Never has there been a more important time to stand up for refugees in Britain. Refugee Action has recently invested in the development of crucial high value income streams, and an exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate and enthusiastic Corporate Partnerships Manager to join our growing Philanthropy & Partnerships team. Working with the team across the wider fundraising department, and colleagues across services and campaigns to identify and develop opportunities for future strategic partnerships, this role will continue the development and implementation of a strategic programme to grow corporate partnerships income over the next three years.
It is a fantastic time to join this growing team if you want to play a leading role in transforming a corporate partnerships programme. With the whole charity developing a new three-year strategy over the coming year, there will be really exciting opportunities to take new partners on a journey and create fulfilling and valuable partnerships for both Refugee Action and corporates. We have also established an Expert by Experience Fundraising Advisory Group, to consult people with lived experience and develop and shape partnership plans together. Providing high quality account management, research and strategic planning, the successful candidate will play an invaluable part in growing this programme at a vital time for Refugee Action.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- Demonstrable experience in relationship development and account management, with the skills and ability to quickly build rapport with all levels of seniority through articulate and persuasive communication skills, including preparing and leading presentations and pitches
- Proven new business development know-how, with the experience to develop new income generating opportunities and the completer-finisher skills to ‘close’ the deal
- Strong written communication skills, with experience developing strong applications and composing compelling proposals for potential partners
- Experience of working with internal stakeholders and operational teams to help ensure partnership deliverables are met
- Expert knowledge of corporate fundraising methodology and the CSR, Corporate/charity market.