Fixed term maternity cover contract for up to 12 months
We’re looking for a Good Practice and Partnerships Manager to lead our work supporting other refugee and asylum charities.
There has never been a more crucial time to support refugees in the UK. Refugee Action is a national charity with more than 30 years’ experience of supporting and advising asylum seekers and refugees.
As Good Practice and Partnerships Manager, you will play a crucial role in delivering Refugee Action’s new strategy by providing support for charities who deliver services for refugees and people seeking asylum. This support is grounded in the needs of those charities and helps them increase their skills and expertise, test and share new approaches to service delivery and become more linked up and connected across regions.
As part of this you will be responsible for managing and developing three high profile programmes (the Frontline immigration advice project, the Asylum Early Action programme and the Asylum Guides national roll-out programme), as well as the management and support of staff in the Good Practice and Partnerships team.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- Insight into the needs, hopes and experiences of asylum seekers and refugees in the UK,
- Experience of providing capacity-building support for other charities and voluntary sector organisations to create positive change and assist them to increase their impact
- Knowledge of the current challenges facing organisations in the asylum and refugee sector
- Understanding of the challenges facing organisations that provide advice to refugees and people seeking asylum, especially legal advice, as well as potential solutions
- Excellent leadership and management skills, with the ability to build and maintain an effective, empowered team
- Excellent networking and partnership-building skills, excellent project management skills
- Understanding of the potential of digital solutions and insight into digital design processes
For further details, and to apply, please visit our website.
Those with lived experience as a refugee are encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 09:00am, Tuesday 9th July 2019
Interviews: Tuesday 23rd July 2019 in London