Part time – 28 hours per week
3-month fixed term contract with possibility of extension at reduced hour
We are looking for an experienced and committed individual to join our team as Grant Manager.
At Refugee Action, we have a vision of a UK in which refugees and people seeking asylum will be welcome, can get justice, live free of poverty and successfully rebuild their lives. We empower refugees and people seeking asylum to influence both our work, the issues that matter to them and decisions made by government and we are a trusted partner for others who share our vision.
Over the last 3 years, we have provided life-changing support to more than 3,000 resettled refugees and 8,000 people seeking asylum, strengthened the work of more than 140 charities, and secured important changes in government policy and practice on English language provision and support for asylum seekers at risk of destitution. We want to do far more to learn from and shift power to refugees and people seeking asylum. It’s an exciting time to be part of Refugee Action as we work towards achieving our 3-year strategy objectives (2019-22) through securing systemic change through our campaigns to change government policies, our direct services, and our work to strengthen and connect other service delivery organisations.
The Respond and Adapt Programme (RAP) Grant Manager role is the grantee management lead for our COVID-19 grants programme. Sitting within the Business Development Team, and working closely with the Good Practice and Partnerships and Finance Teams.
The RAP is a 12-month initiative, delivered in partnership with Migration Exchange and NACCOM (The No Accommodation Network). It aims to help frontline organisations in the UK migration and refugee sector to respond and adapt to the current coronavirus crisis, and to support them to work together to build a foundation for longer-term recovery. It aims to support organisations to sustain their response to the crisis by providing grants to around 140 charities across the UK, link them to sources of support to adapt their approach, and to inform wider responses to Covid-19.
The RAP Grant Manager is to:
a) administer and manage grants made to organisations by the RAP via Refugee Action or via NACCOM
b) monitor and capture learning from the programme delivery
c) identify areas of need and help communicate these to partners and contributing funders
d) link grantees to sources of organisational and thematic development support.
To succeed in this role you will have:
• Knowledge of grant fundraising and the associated administration.
• Experience of either applying for or making grants, managing grants (either as grant holder or a grant maker) and ensuring grant reports are submitted and meet grant conditions.
• Experience of supporting a complex programme of work, and able to multi-task, plan ahead and to meet deadlines.
• Experience of organising and servicing meetings.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office and experience of using a database.
• Commitment to the values of equality and human rights, and demonstrable skill in working inclusively and building engagement and trust.
• Ability to work on own initiative and collaborate as part of a team and with external stakeholders and the ability to listen to and support others to identify areas of learning and support needs.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website.
Those with lived experience as a refugee are encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 09:00am, Monday 6th July 2020
Interviews: Tuesday 14th July 2020
Start date: Monday 20th July 2020