Part time – 3 or 4 days per week (21 – 28 hours)
London, Manchester, Birmingham or Bradford with home working options
Do you want to work for an organisation with an inspiring cause, an ambitious plan, and a dedicated team of staff and volunteers? Join Refugee Action, where 98.5% of staff and volunteers feel proud to work or volunteer.
Refugee Action exists to help refugees and people seeking asylum who have survived some of the world’s worst regimes. After fleeing unimaginable horrors, they find themselves in a continued crisis in the UK, often homeless, living in poverty and unable to work. We provide these highly vulnerable, traumatised people with the support they need to live again with dignity. Then we help them build safe, happy, and productive lives in the UK. Our vision is that refugees and people seeking asylum will be welcome in the UK. They will get justice, live free of poverty and be able to successfully rebuild their lives.
Our vision for a welcoming UK has never been more important. Last year almost 80 million people were displaced, the biggest refugee crisis since the World War Two. Add to this the most hostile Government we have ever faced, now’s the time to stand up for the rights of refugees.
Refugee Action aims to attract, retain and develop the highly skilled and engaged individuals in every area in which we work. We’re proud of our diverse workforce and values-based organisational culture.
We are looking for an empathetic and motivated Head of HR to lead our small HR team and join our Senior Leadership team. In this role you will:
- Lead and develop a HR function that enables Refugee Action to achieve its strategic aims by recruiting, managing and developing skilled and engaged staff.
- Oversee all operational and strategic HR activities.
- Promote and protect an inclusive organisational culture true to our values that supports anti-racism in all its forms (Our values are: with refugees & asylum seekers, collaboration, courage).
- Manage HR staff and support them in their development in their roles.
- Proactively collaborate with leaders and managers across the charity to ensure the effective support and management of staff.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- Experience of working in a generalist HR management role with experience of developing and implementing HR practices, policies and systems.
- Experience of setting / contributing to HR strategy with experience of developing and overseeing HR workplans and budgets.
- Passion for delivering a high quality, efficient and highly empathetic HR service to an organisation.
- Strong leadership and people management skills with the ability to create an inclusive culture of learning and collaboration with individuals and within the HR team.
- Commitment to the values of Refugee Action with the ability to embed these into HR processes and practices.
- A working knowledge of UK employment law sufficient to assess risk, develop compliant processes and provide high quality HR advise to senior managers.
- Experience and understanding of cultural diversity and the ability to work with people from a range of different cultures.
Those with lived experience as a refugee are encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 10:00am Monday 1st November 2021
Interviews: Monday 15th November 2021 via zoom/teams
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.