Fixed team basis contract - 9 months
Full-time, 35 hours per week with flexible working options
This is an exciting time for Refugee Action. Our front-line services benefitted over 5,000 people last year. Our campaigns and good practice teams are achieving systemic change. The vision that drives us is that refugees and people seeking asylum will be welcome in the UK, will get justice, live free of poverty and be able to successfully rebuild their lives. Our safeguarding work aims to be a central part of all our interactions to ensure we keep client safety at the heart of everything we do through advocacy, referrals and increasing knowledge.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced safeguarding professional to work in a supportive culture that values collaboration, diversity, and empowerment. Reporting directly to the Head of Services and Safeguarding, you will:
Manage and implement the safeguarding strategy at Refugee Action; working with a network of Designated Safeguarding Officers to ensure safety and best practice for all clients, staff and volunteers across the organisation.
Have the ability to make key decisions independently at the same time as ensuring excellence in working collaboratively with colleagues across the whole organisation. You will help to develop confidence and knowledge across the organisation and will take the lead on all planning, development and training of staff and volunteers in relation to arising safeguarding need.
Ensure that an open and supportive culture of safeguarding is prevalent across the whole organisation through awareness raising and signposting to relevant resources. Ensure appropriate interventions are made for individuals and families to improve outcomes for our beneficiaries.
Ensure accurate recording and feedback of safeguarding information to enable organisational understanding of the safeguarding challenges facing our clients and any learning we can take forward.
Along with the above, you will also have:
- An understanding of the experiences and barriers facing people seeking asylum, newly granted refugees and vulnerable migrants who may be in need of the support of safeguarding agencies
- Knowledge and experience of statutory services in the UK including Social Care, Police, Health and Education
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to plan your own time in addition to fitting in with the demands from teams nationally
- Evidence of excellent partnership working, especially with Local Authorities, and the ability to work constructively and demonstrate influence and leadership with a wide range of external agencies; voluntary, statutory and private sector.
- Excellent skills in training delivery to ensure information is relevant and proportionate to the needs of each service
- Ability to manage reactive work with planned, longer-term projects
For more information and to apply, please visit our website.
Those with lived experience as a refugee are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 09:00am, 6th December 2021