Salary: £34,985 per annum pro rata inclusive of Inner London Weighting
Contract: Permanent, Part-time
At Refugee Action, we have a vision of a UK in which refugees and people seeking asylum will be welcome, can get justice, live free of poverty and successfully rebuild their lives. We empower refugees and people seeking asylum to influence both our work, the issues that matter to them and decisions made by government and we are a trusted partner for others who share our vision. It's an exciting time to join the charity as we work towards achieving our 3-year strategy objectives (2019-22).
Never has there been a more important time to stand up for refugees in Britain. Refugee Action has recently invested in the development of crucial high value income streams, and an exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate and enthusiastic Senior Philanthropy Officer to join our fundraising and brand team. Working with the Philanthropy & Partnerships Manager, and Philanthropy & Partnerships Officer this role will support the development and implementation of an effective programme to grow major gift income from individuals. You will also play a key role in project managing our special events calendar for this audience.
Providing high quality relationship management, research and events delivery, the successful candidate will play an invaluable part in growing this programme at a vital time for Refugee Action.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- Excellent relationship management skills and a track record of recruiting, building, maintaining and managing successful individual relationships.
- Experience of making face to face asks (of £10k+) and of influencing and building credibility with external contacts and colleagues.
- An engaging communicator with experience of conducting meetings with a variety of audiences including wealthy individuals and influencers.
- The power to persuade, motivate and inspire people through excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrable successes of complex project management and meticulous event planning and management.
- Passion and motivation to raise vital funds to support refugees and people seeking asylum in the UK.
Those with lived experience as a refugee or an asylum seeker are encouraged to apply.
For more information and to apply, please click on appy now.