Salary: £24,270 - £25,152 (Grade 2)
Contract type: Permanent, Full Time (35 hours per week)
Location: Stratford, London
Context and Purpose of the Job
Founded the same year as the United Nations 1951 Refugee Convention, The Refugee Council has been working for 70 years supporting refugees and asylum seekers to rebuild their lives. Our vision is a UK that is a welcoming place of safety for people who seek refuge from persecution and human rights abuses abroad. Every day we deal with people who have fled war, oppression or torture in their home countries, only to find that the UK treats them with disbelief, hostility and suspicion. We are passionate about helping and empowering them, both through a range of core holistic services, and through our highly respected and influential advocacy of asylum and refugee rights.
The Fundraising and External Affairs Directorate is responsible for securing income to support the organisation’s charitable objectives. The Database Team – including this role – sit within the Public Fundraising section of the directorate. The Directorate’s work includes fundraising from a range of donors including individuals, trusts and foundations, statutory sources, corporates and major donors.
The main purpose of this role is to ensure that supporter income and information, including contact permissions and gift aid declarations, is recorded in a secure and timely manner in the fundraising database (thankQ – Charity CRM). The role will also provide additional admin support to the Database team where needed.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Income processing
- Receive all the post and process as required for all income types, including cheques, credit cards, direct debits, cash, vouchers and other income from agencies.
- Download files containing online donations, by credit card and direct debit
2. Data and reporting
- Record all postal donations received in the fundraising database, taking care to accurately record the income type, date and amount
- Add and update donor contact details
- Add and update donor contact permissions, ensuring compliance with GDPR
- Add and update gift aid declarations, following HMRC guidelines
- Thank donors as required via email and letter
For more information and to apply, please visit our website via the Apply button.
Closing date: 8 August 2022
Interviews scheduled for 17th August 2022.