The Refugee Council’s Business team supports our staff, volunteers and technology in offices, outreach locations and home working locations across England. Effective IT, communication, facilities and administrative systems and procedures are crucial in enabling our staff and volunteers to deliver services to refugee and asylum-seeking clients, advocate on their behalf and lead the refugee community organisation sector.
Specifically, the Business team provides the reception front desk function plus an administrative and facilities role across the Stratford offices. This role will support the Business team in achieving the aim of providing an efficient reception desk service, plus other administrative tasks as required at the Stratford Grove premises assisting the Business Support Office Manager.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To be the first point of contact, creating a welcoming and efficient reception for greeting clients, staff and external visitors at reception.
- To deal with enquires competently, demonstrating knowledge of the Refugee Council and its services, ensuring queries are dealt with efficiently and effectively to the benefit of our clients, staff and volunteers.
- Answering and transferring telephone enquiries, taking and passing on messages, advising clients on alternative contacts for advice and to make appointments as required.
- Keep up to date with changes in Refugee Council services and volunteers working on reception are kept aware of such changes.
- Ensure the Stratford meeting rooms, Head office reception and kitchen areas are kept tidy and smart throughout the working day
- Providing support and direction to volunteers working on reception.
- Compiling visitor lists and liaise with staff across head office as required
- Ensure stationery and kitchen supply stock levels are regularly monitored and maintained.
For further information and to apply, please visit our website via the Apply button.
Closing date: 24th June 2022