Closing: January 18, 2021
Salary: £27,510 - £30,618
Contract type: Fixed Term until 17/09/2021
Context and Purpose of the Job
The Refugee Council employs over 200 staff and works with volunteers across England. The Human Resources Team advises and supports the organisation on a range of HR matters. The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for supporting organisation-wide HR activity, including payroll collation and input, recruitment and selection, clearance checks, and ensuring systems and processes work efficiently.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To be the main contact for managers in ensuring that information impacting on staff pay is inputted accurately and the relevant checking processes are carried out to agreed deadlines. To investigate and resolve any errors and discrepancies which may arise out of this.
2. To ensure the integrity and accuracy of information held on the payroll and HR databases across a variety of employee life cycle events so as to enable effective extraction, interrogation and reporting of data.
3. To produce associated HR paperwork for changes to individual staff circumstances for example: change of hours, maternity, pay awards, sick pay entitlements etc.
1. To be an ongoing point of contact for recruiting managers/volunteer coordinators/candidates throughout the recruitment process, advising on timescales, interview panels and process.
2. To draft and publish effective and attractive adverts.
3. To issue relevant paperwork and information to new starters, including references and other clearances, offer letters, contracts, pension letters, induction, etc.
4. Responsible for managing the referral/renewal process for obtaining criminal records checks for staff and volunteers. Using both an online and hardcopy DBS application process. Liaising with staff/volunteers, managers/coordinators to ensure timely and accurate paperwork and adherence to policy. Maintaining the DBS log to ensure relevant staff hold the necessary clearance and making sure renewals take place in a timely manner.
5. To develop and maintain effective personnel and recruitment files.
6. To review processes and look for improvements in order to improve the candidate experience.
7. To collate and compile HR metrics data for quarterly reports.
8. To manage the HR, recruitment and payroll mailboxes to ensure queries are dealt with or referred on as appropriate.
9. To coordinate the online mandatory training for new and current staff.
10. To contribute to ad hoc HR projects as required.
11. To ensure HR information published on the RC website is informative and up to date.
12. To take notes supporting key HR meetings, e.g. Joint Negotiating Committee (Union), disciplinary, grievance and appeal hearings.
13. To provide a customer-focused service to team colleagues, staff and external customers.
14. To work as part of the Human Resources Team, attending regular team meetings and participating in the overall objectives of the team.
15. To undertake additional duties, commensurate with team working and job grade where required.
For more information, please see HR and Payroll Assistant JD.
Closing date for applications is 18th January 2021.
Interviews will take place in the week of 21st January 2021.
To apply, please visit our website via the Apply button.