Refugee Women Connect (RWC) is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all members of the community. Due to the nature of the work of the charity this role is open to women only (Exempt under the Equality Act 2010 Schedule 9, Part 1).
- To proactively seek out funding opportunities and meet fundraising targets
- Manage and deliver our fundraising strategy.
Main Duties and Areas of Responsibility
- Manage the fundraising strategy and budget and ensure fundraising targets are met. The target is £46,000.
- To develop a deep understanding of RWC work and values, so as to identify key matches with external donors.
- Create a ‘Case for Support’ with evidence, impact data and case studies to assist with fundraising activities.
- To generate income from a range of donors, across a number of projects to agreed targets, this includes for example, local businesses, universities and students, regular givers and small grant applications.
- To increase the number of regular givers and develop that programme.
- Stewarding donors and supporters.
- Produce monthly performance reports that include reporting on all income.
- Support the Head of Policy and Advocacy in developing a communications strategy which will in turn assist fundraising by raising awareness of RWC’s work.
- Represent the organisation locally and nationally though networking, attending meetings and presentations.
- Implement and monitor progress of fundraising strategy.
- Lead on account management of existing donors (providing regular contact, updates and required reports).
- To assist the Office Manager in the recruitment, interviewing of and support of volunteer fundraisers as needed.
- With the rest of the team develop a strategy for gifts in kind.
- Ensure that all duties are carried out in accordance with policies, procedures and regulations as stated in RWC employee handbook.
- Further responsibilities relevant to and commensurate with the role of the fundraiser as required by the CEO.
- Institute of Fundraising - Certificate in Fundraising, or significant experience.
- Experience of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) databases.
- A proven track record of successful fundraising in the charity sector.
- Proven ability to manage and develop relationships.
- Proven experience of thinking, developing and delivering “strategically”.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to plan, balance and cope with competing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to plan and deliver presentations.
- Highly motivated and ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Good diplomatic skills.
- Able to work flexibly, from time to time the job may involve evenings, early mornings or weekends.
- Use of a car and a valid driving licence is essential to this role.
- Successful candidates will be required to undertake a DBS check.
Please apply by submitting a CV and Covering Letter.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.