Relationship Counsellors (part-funded training)
A limited number of part-funded training places are now available for qualified counsellors interested in working for Relate in Manchester. To apply, you must meet the entry criteria for the Relate Certificate in Relational Training, and be able to attend the course starting in Manchester on 15 May 2020. Details of the training are available on the Relate website under 'Train to be a Counsellor.'
Placements are available in Stockport and Sale as well as in central Manchester. We strive to make our service accessible to our clients and continually explore additional development opportunities across Cheshire, Merseyside and Greater Manchester. Based on the needs of the service we may therefore also explore deployment to an alternative site in Bolton, Macclesfield, Radcliffe or Wigan. In your cover letter, please indicate which sites you would be willing to work from.
Applications are sought from those with availability to see clients in the evening, and with an interest in doing ongoing work for Relate – following the initial training placement, paid positions will be available and contracts will be for a minimum of 9 client hours per week.
Successful candidates will have 30% of the training course fee paid for them and will be provided with a placement. The remaining 70% of the fee will be payable by you in instalments of £132.22 per month over the period April – December 2020, removing the need to find training fees upfront. Counsellors will also need to cover other additional expenses associated with accessing the course and completing the placement. Funding for the training is subject to a training agreement.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop skills and to qualify as a Relate Counsellor, and perfect for someone looking to take the next step in their career within a supportive, professional organisation. In addition to part-funding for this qualification and the placement to cover the practice hours for the course, you will be supported by regular high-quality supervision (typically 1.5 hours per month), benefit from high-quality practice development opportunities including Practice Development Groups and bespoke additional CPD (recent courses include Practical Systemic Theory and Working With Affairs), and other networking, support and social events such as our annual Wellness Away Days.
Deadline: 18 March 2020
Interviews: w/c 30 March 2020 in Liverpool
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.