We are currently seeking a National Retail Manager to lead the development of an ambitious retail strategy to encompass existing and new business opportunities.
You will be a natural leader and empower a network of 9 Relate shops across England to deliver a level of income that contributes to providing a greater access to affordable relationship support from the communities they operate within.
You will be responsible for management of retail staff and volunteers within 9 Relate National shops in Kent, Sussex, Norfolk and North East England.
Some Key Activities will be:
- Providing inspired leadership to the shop teams
- Developing a strong sense of team that enables peers to share best practice and work closely alongside one another across the network.
Maximising income through:-
- Striving to exceed the agreed sales targets though the support of marketing and donations.
- Supporting shops to develop their own retail model that maximises income, and is owned and lead at shop level but complements the wider retail strategic direction across Relate.
- Ensuring financial planning and delivery is discussed and understood by shop teams.
- Empowering shop teams to own their budget and take responsibility for it.
- Create and interpret sales reports that shops can use to make decisions and grow and develop aspects of their business.
- Work with shop teams to maximise their community reach for volunteer recruitment and product sourcing.
- Enable shops to become fully embedded within their local communities.
- Work with the Director of Operations to develop an ambitious and achievable retail strategy
Ensuring effective day to day operational management by:-
- Developing and ensuring compliance with policies and procedures, including those relating to Health and Safety responsibilities within the shops including Covid-19 and safeguarding concerns.
- Effective administration, reporting and oversight to agreed standards.
- Day to day shop management such as stock rotation, staffing rotas, volunteer management, etc.
- Regularly reviewing the income versus expenditure of each shop and makes recommendations to the Executive Leadership Team about the viability of each.
Significant levels of travel is required – the post holder is required to hold a full UK driving licence.
What will you offer us?
- A minimum of 5 years multi-site management experience in retailing and/or charity retailing.
- Proven experience in leading, developing, motivating, empowering and delegating to a team of diverse people in a variety of different ways.
- Driven by income growth across shops, and proven experience of managing multiple teams to consistently exceed financial targets.
- An exceptional communicator, with proven ability to adapt communication style to suit situations.
- Promotes change with demonstrable experience of driving change to produce positive results.
- A resourceful problem solver who is adept at managing a heavy workload with numerous conflicting priorities and consistently achieves positive outcomes.
- Proven positive, entrepreneurial focus in maximising every opportunity, and thinking outside of the box to achieve results.
- Experience of launching projects, and taking them through all phases to a successful completion.
- Willingness to take on new challenges and to learn, grow and develop within a role.
- Experience and confidence using Microsoft Office programmes, email and the internet.
- Desire and passion for the values, work and ethos of Relate.
- Champions diversity, equality and inclusion across the working environment.
- Experience of working with volunteers.
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety regulations and procedures.
What will we offer you?
- Salary of £32,000 per annum
- 35 hour working week
- Access to learning and development
- 36 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Westfield Health
- Supportive working environment
To apply, please submit a comprehensive CV and a cover letter of no more than two sides of A4.
Closing date for applications 6th November 2020
Interview dates 16-17 November 2020
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.