We have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Support Manager to join our team and be a part of something amazing.
We are entering an exciting phase of service development and we are seeking a super talented, multi-tasking person to be a valuable addition to our operations teams and be a part of our success story.
Relate is the leading relationships charity and the Relate Federation is the largest provider of relationship support in England and Wales. Our vision is a future where healthy relationships are actively promoted as the heart of a thriving society. Our mission is to make expert information and support for healthy relationships available to everyone. We value being human, connected and smart in the way we work.
The role of Operations Support Manager is an important part of running day to day services and supporting the Regional Operations Manager.
This role will be based in Bedford/Lincoln region. The role will be home based initially.
Some of the duties of the role will involve:
- Support the design and implementation of specific projects or operational contract management within Relate Regions.
- Manage SAR requests in a timely and professional way relating to the Region.
- To be responsible for compliance with Health & Safety requirements in the Region and ensuring any estates work around maintenance and repairs are organised and carried out.
- Oversee the day-to-day management and working processes of administrative staff in the Region’s offices in relation to all daily tasks, ensuring documentation and activity data is accurate and strive to improve the client experience responding to feedback, complaints and compliments.
- Induct, train and develop the administrative team and lead on all aspects of reception administration in relation to appointment bookings on Penelope, client payments, bursary funding trackers, waiting list management, benevolent contracts and signposting clients to other agencies as appropriate.
- Manage and maintain staffing rotas, attaining cover for holiday and sickness leave, manage practitioners’ holiday requests and co-ordinate leave accruals in relation to Payroll.
- Support the Regional Operation Manager with monthly Payroll submissions and financial tasks such as purchase ledger approval and billing queries.
- Provide ongoing developmental, administrative and IT support to administrative staff as needed, involving recruitment, induction, training and leading on rolling out changes to processes, including the implementation and embedding of new services and internal procedures to ensure a co-ordinated, efficient and effective service to clients.
- Ensure quality assurance of counselling provision by coordinating Practitioner Directory submissions and regular DBS check reviews.
- Oversee the management of local and national contracts and funder referrals.
- Provide holiday and sickness cover as needed, attend meetings, conferences and training as requested by the Regional Operations Manager.
- Travel across regions and nationally
What will you offer Relate?
Essential skills and experience
- Proven track record of delivering excellent customer service and relationship management
- A proven track record in delivering excellent customer service and relationship management.
- Commercially and financially astute with proven ability to problem solve
- Ability to operate and communicate at all levels in an organisation including close working with senior management.
- Ability to help identify, develop and improve systems and procedures.
- Excellent levels of skill in report production and a good range of IT skills, including Microsoft Office and data entry systems.
- Experience of data analysis to produce meaningful reports
- Champion diversity and equal opportunities within the organisation.
- Self-motivated, pragmatic, able to work on own initiative and prioritise, pro-active, ability to delegate.
- Experience of managing staff and volunteers: demonstrable experience of dealing with HR issues including the implementation of policies, recruitment and performance management
- Experience of empowering, motivating and developing teams and individuals
- Ability to delegate, manage and drive strong service delivery teams
- Knowledge and experience of ensuring health and safety compliance
What will Relate offer you?
- 35 hour working week
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Westfield Health
- Training and development opportunities
- £25K per annum.
- Opportunities for career progression
- Supportive management culture
Send your CV and covering letter before the closing date of 4th November 2020.
Interviews will be held on 9th November via Zoom
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.