The Brokerage, a social mobility charity based in the City of London, is looking for a Relationship Manager to work in partnership with Lloyd’s Community Programme. Our vision is a world where a young person’s ability and aspiration alone determine their career path.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who enjoys working at pace, offering extensive engagement with the Corporation of Lloyd’s, the world’s specialist insurance and reinsurance market. This role not only helps young people determine their career paths, but offers rewarding volunteering opportunities for corporate employees. You will:
- provide young people from age 16 through to undergraduate level with employability skills, insights into and knowledge about financial and professional services;
- introduce young people to the Lloyd’s market and the employment opportunities available in the insurance sector, including an annual summer placement programme;
- work with business volunteers from the Lloyd’s market to help young people improve their attainment, basic skills and aspirations.
Please apply by sending a CV along with a covering letter, stating how your skills and experience match the person specification for this role.
Shortlisted candidates will be selected according to their CV and supporting statement in a cover letter, stating how your skills and experience match the person specification. Please note applications without this supporting statement will not be considered.
Relationship Manager (Lloyd’s Community Programme)
- 35 hours per week full time
- Salary - £33,078
- 5% pension contribution
- 25 days’ paid annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- 2 days’ paid volunteering leave
- Season ticket loan
- A range of other staff benefits
Reporting to: The Brokerage Chief Executive
Closing date for applications: 0900 on 14 February 2019
First interviews Thursday 21 February 2019
The Relationship Manager will have responsibility for the project and relationship management between Lloyd’s Community Programme (LCP), participating companies in the Lloyd’s insurance market (Companies) and The Brokerage.
- Target and support current and former London state school students, providing them with employability skills, insight into the professional services sector, experiences of work, and career opportunities.
- Manage a number of talent development programmes and related events, including the IntoWork mentoring programme, IntoWork Conference, insurance placements on The Brokerage Summer Placement Programme and Insuring Human Progress.
- Manage the recruitment of school-leaver, apprenticeship and graduate vacancies for the Corporation of Lloyd’s and participating companies in the Lloyd’s insurance market.
- Recruit individuals in Companies for volunteer projects, and facilitate the training of volunteers in an efficient and effective manner.
- Highly organised, with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal written and verbal communication skills – the post will require production of external communications and correspondence to a high standard.
- Experience of managing multi-stakeholder relationships and understand the needs of the diverse customers of LCP.
- Experience of working in a corporate environment or working with corporate clients.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Experience of running recruitment programmes with young people.
- Experience of organising and developing employee volunteering programmes and/or of managing and motivating volunteers.
- Demonstrable knowledge of and interest in issues surrounding social mobility, education, as well as corporate diversity and inclusion programmes.
- Familiar with secondary and tertiary education and a keen interest in keeping up to date with policy and developments in these areas.
- Ability to take responsibility for a wide range of issues and drive activity forward with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage competing priorities, to work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment and still produce quality outputs.
- Proactive, with a ‘can do’ attitude, and the ability to seize opportunities that are presented.
- Ability to confidently deal with a wide range of people, including at senior level.
- Experienced in using the Microsoft Office suite of programmes, CRM database (e.g. Salesforce or equivalent) and social media.