About Relief International
Relief International (RI) is a leading nonprofit organization working in 16 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
About the opportunity
- Remote homebased in the US / UK or can be based remotely in a RI country of operation.
- The post holder will require the right to work in their homebased location and national terms and conditions will apply.
- This role is classified as requiring a standard pre-employment check.
As Learning Coordinator you will support RI’s Organizational Development and Training (OD&T) goals to develop and retain high quality staff through a comprehensive Learning and Development offering, which reflects RI’s global aims, and best practice, supported by a Learning Management System that is user-friendly, flexible and meets all reporting requirements.
You will form strong working relationships across all RI teams to support the delivery of a culture of continuous performance improvement, ethics and compliance and professional development
Working closely with the Director of Organizational Development and Training you will:
- Administrative support in learning rosters organisation, analysing data and reporting, as well as the curation of the Learning Management System.
- Support organization-wide learning sessions across various time zones, to meet the needs of the Global, Regional and Country-level team members.
- Support, monitor and track on boarding processes across the organisation.
- Act as primary point of contact / helpdesk for RI Academy learner support; answering questions, providing guidance, resetting passwords
With a strong interest in the humanitarian and development sector, you will have a record of achievement in a similar role, with experience in supporting the design and development of eLearning content and learning management systems.
Experienced in working with different kinds of information, both qualitative and quantitative, you are equipped with excellent IT skills, strong technical expertise in Microsoft Applications and the ability to use advanced Excel
You are a great communicator, flexible and willing to learn, with robust organizational, analytical, and administrative skills, including a strong ability to focus on detail and quality assurance.
How to apply
To apply for this post, click on the “Apply” button in the job advert page.
You will be asked to upload a CV and Cover Letter. The cover letter should be no more than 2 pages long and explain why you are interested in this post with Relief International and how your skills and experience make you a good fit.
Closing date. Note the closing date as per the job board listing, however, please apply immediately as we will be reviewing applicants on a rolling basis and may withdraw the position before the job board closing date.
Due to limited resources, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Relief International has a zero-tolerance policy for unlawful harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse. Relief International is committed to protecting our staff and the communities we work with from abuse and harm including sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and sexual harassment.
All staff are expected to abide by our Code of Conduct.
Recruitment to all roles in Relief International include a criminal records self-declaration, references and other pre-employment checks, which may include police and qualifications checks.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.