An exciting opportunity to be part of the successful and rapidly growing multi-religious organisation Religions for Peace UK. Religions for Peace (RfP) is a UK registered charity, and part of the UN accredited global network of Religions for Peace International. RfP UK is committed to advancing effective multi-religious cooperation for Peace, and supporting people of all faiths and none in pursuit of social justice, responding to the climate emergency, and enhancing religious literacy. Religions for Peace UK also has a thriving Women’s network, and growing youth body.
This is a project based, freelance position for one year, with the possibility of extending based on funds. The successful candidate will play a lead role in setting up, developing and managing new multi-religious projects based in the UK, and enhancing organisational capacity and capabilities. The post also requires participation in recruitment, overseeing and managing a number of other staff, budget development and management, monitoring and evaluation of projects, as well as developing strategies for the future sustainability of RfP UK. The Programme Manager will report directly to the Board of Trustees.
The preferred candidate will have previously worked in the field of inter-religious/multi-religious peacebuilding/development, and have experience of managing medium sized programmes and budgets. They will also have some background in working in community development, and facilitating workshops and dialogue processes. They will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and be willing to be flexible and responsive to requests and opportunities. They will have good IT skills, and be able to communicate through a range of different mediums to a variety of audiences. It is envisioned that the role and responsibilities will develop over time as the organisation grows.
- Oversee a portfolio of inter-religious/multi-religious projects which align with RfP-UK strategic objectives and mission.
- Manage up to 6 part-time staff in the areas of project management, finance, communications and administration.
- Develop and manage a strategy for sustaining and growing RfP-UK.
- Oversee budgetary management and reporting.
- Oversee project monitoring and evaluations.
- Lead community engagement and consultations.
- Liaising with Women and Youth networks to provide support and ensure close communication and collaboration.
- Periodic reporting to the board of trustees.
- Any other duties as reasonably required by the board of trustees.
Experience & Skills required
- Knowledge and experience of multi-religious/inter-religious networks and projects
- Project design, management, and implementation
- Workshop planning and facilitation
- Keeping to deadlines / time management
- Good organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Good team working/team building skills
- Good IT Skills
- Ability to be flexible and responsive
Please write with your CV and a personal statement outlining why you are interested in this job.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.