The Remap Communications Officer is a key role for the charity. The post-holder has overall responsibility for communication channels within the charity's staff and volunteer teams and externally to key stakeholders and clients. The team at Remap experience great job satisfaction from being a part of an organisation that changes lives for the better. Join us and know that you will be making a positive difference to disabled people of all ages.
- Permanent Contract
- 25 days annual leave plus UK bank holidays
- 1 month notice period and 3% workplace pension contribution on successful completion of probation.
- Homeworking as part of the fully remote Remap team
- Responsible to General Manager; Board of Trustees
- Responsible for development and implementation of Remap’s overall communications plan to support the operational and strategic aims of the charity
- Develop social media strategy and content
- Develop / maintain marketing materials
- Develop / maintain materials for external publications
- Manage Remap website and content
- Manage MakeAbility website, system and content
- Manage Remap presence on Social Media platforms
- Produce newsletters and publications to support volunteers and donors
- Manager the collation, formatting, publication and distribution of newsletters in hardcopy, online and using Mailchimp
- Promote volunteering at external events
- Represent Remap at external and internal events
- Support Administration Manager in organisation of events, annual awards and AGM activities
- Support Administration Manager in responding to enquiries and referrals and external requests
- Manage donation responses and reports
- Appropriate background: Relevant career experience which will transfer to this role. An affinity for the aims of the organisation.
- Appropriate skills: Ideally two years’ experience of relevant communications, PR and or marketing work. Excellent Microsoft Office, website CMS and social media skills.
- Technical knowledge: Ability to work with various online technology (Salesforce experience advantageous).
- Attention to detail: Proven track record of completer-finisher behaviour and the ability to produce highly accurate, high quality work.
- Self-starter and enjoys working in and/or with small teams: working effectively autonomously and independently is vital as this role is based remotely.
PLEASE NOTE: INTERVIEWS FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE HELD IN THE WEEK COMMENCING 8 FEBRUARY 2021. APPLICANTS SHOULD ONLY APPLY IF THEY ARE AVAILABLE FOR INTERVIEW VIA ZOOM VIDEO CALL IN THIS WEEK. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion if you have not heard from us by 5 February.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.