The Remap General Manager is the key lead role for the charity. The post-holder has overall responsibility for managing the staff team and delivering the strategic and operational aims of the organisation. The team at Remap experience great job satisfaction from being a part of an organisation that changes lives for the better. Join us and know that you will be making a positive difference to disabled people of all ages.
- Permanent Contract
- 25 days annual leave plus UK bank holidays
- 2 month notice period and 3% workplace pension contribution on successful completion of probation.
- Homeworking as part of the fully remote Remap team
- Responsible to Board of Trustees
- Responsible for overall operational planning to deliver strategic aims of the organisation
- Design and implement national expansion program for new and existing branches of Remap
- Implement a national CRM (SalesForce) system with the branches
- Recruit regional and local volunteers to assist in the implementation of the programme
- Monitor progress and retention of expansion programme
- Provide leadership to other charity staff members
- Manage human resources of the organisation
- Oversee Remap’s websites and social media strategy and other publicity material
- Promote volunteering at external events
- Represent Remap at external and internal events and meetings
- Develop / maintain induction materials to train branch chairs and team members on use of systems
- Manage financial and physical resources of Remap
- Manage Remap’s responsibilities for statutory obligations including those related to GDPR, equipment and facilities
- Oversee and maintain Remap policies and operations manual
- Provide national support to branches including resolution of serious complaints, insurance claims and complex policy questions
- Appropriate background: Relevant career experience which will transfer to this role. An affinity for the aims of the organisation.
- Appropriate skills: Ideally two years’ management experience in a similar sized charity environment. Professional qualifications and/or acquired business skills and ability to be an effective manager.
- Technical knowledge: Ability to work with Microsoft Office and various online technology including CRM, CMS and social media platforms (Salesforce experience advantageous).
- Attention to detail: Proven track record of completer-finisher behaviour and the ability to produce highly accurate, high quality work.
- Self-starter and enjoys working in and/or with small teams: Managing a team and working effectively autonomously and independently is vital as this role is based remotely.
PLEASE NOTE: INTERVIEWS FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE HELD IN THE WEEK COMMENCING 8 FEBRUARY 2021. APPLICANTS SHOULD ONLY APPLY IF THEY ARE AVAILABLE FOR INTERVIEW VIA ZOOM VIDEO CALL IN THIS WEEK. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion if you have not heard from us by 5 February.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.