SUPPORT WORKER ROLE:
The purpose of this role will be to support the team to provide support to our residents. As a Support Worker with René House CIC, you will be required to meet with our residents, assess their needs and promote their independence. We are looking for someone who is motivated and enthusiastic about making a real difference.
SUPPORT WORKER REQUIREMENTS:
- To support and develop the life skills of our residents
- To support our residents with maintaining a tenancy
- To provide emotional support to our residents
- To support our residents with personal administration tasks
- Signposting and providing support to access other services providing things such as: mental health support, drug and alcohol support, employment, and training opportunities etc.
- Suggesting new and innovative ways to serve our residents
- Keeping running records up to date
- Regular welfare checks to ensure the safety and well-being of residents
- Regular site presence to deter anti-social behaviour
- To complete support plans with our residents
- To be able to organise own workload effectively
- To have flexibility around work hours/days of work, occasionally including evenings and weekends
SUPPORT WORKER SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in supporting those who are homeless/have multiple complex needs
- Experience of risk management in residential settings
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- A passion for helping others
- Empathetic and good listening skills
- Good timekeeping
- Confidence to work independently
- Ability to make decisions and use initiative
- Great organisational skills
René House has separate properties in Nottinghamshire, therefore you would be required to travel to different locations. Your role may include meeting residents away from the property and travelling with them to different locations.
This role requires you to drive and have access to your own vehicle. Mileage will be reimbursed.
René House can offer successful applicants a great chance for personal and professional growth. In this role, your opinion, expertise and contributions really will matter and be listened to.
You will influence the daily running of the organisation and therefore make a great difference to the beneficiaries of our service.
Other benefits include:
- Ongoing training relating to your role
- Reimbursement of travel costs
- A work mobile and email address
- Casual dress
- DBS paid for by us
THIS ROLE IS 37.5 HOURS A WEEK.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.