The person in this role is the lead staff member for all aspects of fundraising: writing grant applications, managing events, publicising Renewed Hope through social media channels and the website and other external publicity such as local media.
You will lead the Fundraising Sub-Committee, which identifies funding opportunities, and put together a fundraising strategy.
You will also manage all aspects of non-financial donations such as clothing and food. This includes taking enquiries from donors, sending out appeals and logging and managing stock as necessary.
You will be expected to represent the charity at community events which may include working in the evenings and weekends.
- work with the Fundraising Sub-Committee to develop and implement a strategy for individual and corporate supporter recruitment and development
- research and apply to charitable trusts and foundations whose criteria match the charity's aims and activities
- organise corporate fundraising, including employee giving and matched giving from employers
- liaise with, motivate and assist current supporters in maximising the funds they raise
- write applications and send mail-shots to a range of potential and current donors
- organise traditional activities, such as sponsored outdoor events and street collections
- develop and coordinate web-based fundraising, including giving pages, online auctions
- develop new and imaginative fundraising activities, including events
- undertake return-on-investment analyses in order to prioritise the most worthwhile fundraising activities.
- raise awareness of the charity and its work, e.g. giving talks to groups or seeking photo opportunities with the media
- manage website content and posts on social media
- manage stock of publicity material including leaflets, banners and T-shirts
- identify volunteers to carry out roles within the charity relevant to fundraising/publicity
- manage and update databases to record donor contact and preference information
- Methodical and able to manage time and prioritise accordingly
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Analytical thinker
- A good communicator in person and in writing
- IT literate with working knowledge of MS software packages
- Be familiar with social media, in particular Facebook and Twitter
- Be familiar with website editing platforms such as Wordpress
- Able to work well as a team as well as motivated working on your own
- Be sympathetic to the Christian ethos and its benefit to the community
- Experience working with Outcomes Star or other outcome measuring tools
- Experience working with Customer Relationship Management software
- Experience working in fundraising, publicity or marketing
- Experience working within an organisation supporting vulnerable adults and/or homeless people
- Experience working in a charity setting
Please apply with a CV and covering letter and refer to the role description and person specification in your application. Also specify whether you wish to be part time or full time.