Reside are looking for enthusiastic individual to join the Tenant Support Team to provide tenancy support to our tenants who live in supported living services across the South of England.
We are particularly looking for someone who along with working in housing has had experience working with tenants who have learning disabilities, autism, mental heath and acquired brain injuries.
The post holder will be responsible for a housing management ‘patch’ but will be expected to work flexibly with the other Tenant Support Officers to provide an excellent housing service across the full portfolio of properties managed and owned by Reside. The properties will need to be visited once every six months and the patch goes from London, Kent, Dorset, Devon and Cornwall.
The role will be a mix of:
- undertaking housing management visits and property inspections, and so will involve significant travel and the need to be regularly away from home, and
- case management requiring a good understanding of rents and service charge budgets, including budget setting and management. The post holder will be responsible for maximising income through effective management of rent arrears and voids.
- The ideal candidate will be able to deal with a range of issues in liaison with support teams, support providers, landlords, tenants, families and contractors. A good understanding of housing law and process together with some technical and welfare benefits (including housing benefit) knowledge is needed.
- To act as a key point of contact within the Tenant Support Team for tenants and service users, colleagues, contractors, support providers and suppliers.
- To deliver a generic housing management service to a portfolio of properties occupied by vulnerable adults.
- To manage a ‘patch’ of properties undertaking all housing management functions to include considering referrals, preparing tenancy agreements, signing up new tenants, dealing with Housing Benefit claims, managing rent arrears, dealing with tenancy enforcement, setting and managing service charge budgets, liaising with support staff, handling enquiries, property audits and estate inspections and point of contact with Registered Providers.
- Establishes and maintains an effective working relationship with stakeholders.
- Plays a role in ensuring Reside complies with regulatory health and safety issues, and ensures we are working in compliance with company policy and procedure.
- Works alongside facilities colleagues to facilitate properties and home environments are maintained to a good standard.
- Works as a team player to deliver and develop excellent customer service standards.
- Collates information of a highly confidential and sensitive nature regarding service users and property related issues for company use, maintaining confidentiality at all times on a need-to-know basis
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.