Response Organisation is the largest mental health charity in Oxfordshire and we are expanding into Aylesbury!
Bank Support Worker - £9.54 - £9.93 per hour
- 25 days holiday + bank hols
- Free parking on site
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Social Events throughout the year
- Discounted shopping
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Training and Development
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- £500 Refer a Friend Bonus Scheme
Do you have the desire to help change lives and an interest in mental health?
Response provides a range of support to people that experience severe and enduring mental health needs, and we are looking for a brand-new team to work within our new 24/7 supported home in Aylesbury that is due to open in September 2020. We are now looking to recruit a full team who can assist with the day-to-day recovery of the residents and encourage them to live independently – to start in position mid August. We are seeking to employ four Support Workers
Our main priority for these roles is to find people that can live our values every day. Experience within a care or mental health setting is desirable, qualifications are advantageous, however, we have a Learning & Development team who are happy to support you and your personal development and work to progress your career with us!
Above all, we are looking for people that share our values below and want to make a real difference to people’s lives:
Caring – Our residents are the heart and soul of all that we do, we provide person-centred care that enables residents to live a life worth living. We believe that differences should be celebrated, and each resident’s uniqueness enhances not only our community, but also the support we provide.
Safe – Honest and open relationships help to make all of our residents feel safe, and we provide a safe place for recovery for as long as a resident may require.
Creative – Continuous learning from one another is key. When working with a resident at their own pace there is/ are many ways to get creative with how they are supported.
Aspirational – Recovery is focused on what a resident can do, not what they can’t.
The duties within any role vary from day to day. Our residents are individuals and they all deserve to be treated as such. Some of the core duties within the house will include:
- Supporting, encouraging and prompting residents with their medication
- Promoting and encouraging both physical and mental well-being
- Completing a range of activities during key working sessions with residents, whilst helping them to achieve their aspirations
- Update and maintain records via an in-house computer system
- Ensure that house rules are kept and adhered to, as well as providing a safe and respectful environment
- Conduct regular welfare checks and prompting residents to develop their skills and increase their independence
- Liaise with multi-disciplinary teams and carer
If this Bank Support Worker sounds like the role for you then please click ‘Apply’ today! We’d love to hear from you!