This is an opportunity to use your first class organisational and administrative skills to play a key HR role for a renowned and well-regarded Charity.
Reporting to the Head of HR, Volunteering and Training, this key role will provide administrative HR support for recruitment, staff induction and the employee life cycle, as well as liaising with processing payroll and assisting with first line HR enquiries. Working closely with the Finance, V&T team as well as other staff and other Restore stakeholders, this role requires the ability to work independently and as a member of a team. Knowledge and experience within an HR function would be essential and experience of a volunteering setting desirable. We are looking for an expert administrator and coordinator who is able to balance conflicting priorities and who has excellent interpersonal and communication skills. If you have the passion to work in a leading community charity, we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for someone from an enthusiastic school leaver to postgraduates who are looking for a genuine, challenging and rewarding career path with scope for career development. You will be offered on the job training and learn about our inspiring charity form the very heart, helping you achieve and exceed your career goals. This post requires a motivated, committed and highly organised person to work alongside Restore staff, volunteers and all stakeholders.
You will have an understanding of the sector, and empathy with people with mental health problems is vital. Restore needs people who have the ability to cope with limited resources, seize opportunities and think creatively. Awareness of the stigma and other issues surrounding mental illness is important, as is the ability to remain calm under pressure when dealing with sensitive staffing or member issues.
- Knowledge of HR practice and policies.
- Intermediate understanding of Microsoft packages including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Ability to build good working relationships with colleagues at all levels.
- High levels of accuracy, attention to detail and ability to work to deadlines.
- A self-starter who can work both independently and collaboratively.
- Creative flair and an ability to work imaginatively.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage a wide range of tasks.
- Ability to deal with information in a confidential manner and respond with sensitivity to the opinions of others.
- Flexible and non-judgemental approach to people and work.
- Ability to work on own initiative, to organise work and meet deadlines.
- Excellent listening skills and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to manage a range of objectives.
- Awareness of and commitment to all aspects of anti-discriminatory practice.
- Experience of using SAGE or other HR/Payroll information systems.
- Experience of using Google suite or a similar system.
- GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English 9 to 4 (A to C) or equivalent
- Previous HR Experience.
- Experience of working in a voluntary sector setting.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.