Thank you for your interest in this post of MHFA Instructor at Restore.
At this stage of application, we require only a CV (curriculum vitae) and a covering letter. The covering letter should address how you meet the criteria outlined in the person specification. Please see the ‘essentials’ and ‘desirable’ criteria under the shortlisting criteria. We suggest you address each point individually clearly stating how you meet the criteria. It is a good idea to use separate headings for each point
Please note that we are unable to shortlist any applications that do not demonstrate how they meet the criteria outlined in the person specification responsibilities below.
Shortlisting Criteria (to demonstrate on application)
- Significant experience in working with BAME communities.
- A positive respectful approach to BAME communities and able to use reach out to different communities and work on own initiative
- Computer literate to use emails and use Microsoft applications to create presentations
- Strong administrative skills for data inputting, to write reports and keep records
- Ability to inspire confidence and empathise with a wide diversity of community groups
- Experience of public speaking or teaching/ delivering training courses effectively
- Ability to form good effective working relationships and work as part of a team
- Positive attitude towards people with mental health issues
- Enthusiastic approach to reducing stigma associated with mental ill health
- Full driving licence and access to own vehicle
- From a BAME background
- Ability to speak other languages in addition to English
- Knowledge of working with BAME communities, migrants, refugees or asylum seekers and the issues faced to accessing services
- Training/teaching qualifications, e.g. AET (Award in Education and Training)
- Experience of effective networking
- Good knowledge about mental health issues
- MHFA qualification
- Experience of delivering training in a diverse range of topics
The closing date for applications is Sunday, 9th February (midnight).
Interviews for this post will be held on Tuesday, 18th February.
We may contact you for further information during the short listing process.
Please note we are not an NHS Employer.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.