Director of Restored - Teddington
Restored is seeking an experienced and gifted Director to lead the charity forward to its next chapter of growth and impact.
Restored is an innovative Christian charity working to transform relationships and end violence against women. We are a small charity making a big impact. Our vision is that the UK Church recognises and responds effectively to domestic abuse.
Violence against women has moved centre stage in the media and public attention, with increasing outrage at the levels of sexual and gender-based violence across society. As our ground-breaking research has confirmed, such abuse is found in churches too. Now is the time to build on the interest and momentum already created to achieve greater impact through the work of Restored. At Restored,
- We campaign to raise awareness amongst Christians of the issue of violence against women and we advocate for change
- We mobilise and equip churches, Christian organisations and individuals to act against violence against women
- We actively engage men in recognising and addressing violence against women through our First Man Standing campaign.
Restored has recently been through a period of refocus and is looking to appoint a new leader to motivate and unite the organisation behind a bold vision that will bring about lasting change. If you share our unwavering commitment to bringing about an end to violence against women by being a leading voice in a Christian context and can demonstrate strong leadership experience in an organisation of similar size and complexity, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Essential skills and experience include:
- Leader on Violence Against Women (VAW) issues: Expertise and ability to drive a VAW movement in the Christian context. Good writing skills, and ability to develop articles, media material and be a spokesperson on VAW issues.
- Organisation strategy and leadership: Ability to develop and implement business and operational strategy, with experience in finance management, fundraising, and managing systems and policies for quality assurance and accountability. Takes joint responsibility for achieving fundraising targets.
- Networker: Ability to work with and mobilise individual men and women and groups to engage in ending violence against women. Build relationships with donors.
- Representation: Be a voice for Restored, presenter, and speaker, with credibility to influence
- Spiritual and people leadership: Committed Christian, mission-driven, self-aware. Passion for work of Restored. Ability to lead teams and manage people. Able to work under pressure. Creative, self-sufficient and diplomatic.
Genuine occupational requirement
Restored is seeking a committed Christian to fill this role (two committed Christians in the case of a job share) to fill this role. The post-holder leads on addressing violence against women in a Christian (church) context and develops relationships with Christian leaders. The Director organises and leads times of prayer.
How to apply
If you are passionate about leading Restored’s work, please apply through the Charity Jobs On-Line application on this site:
- Your CV, with reference details for 3 referees - 2 recent line managers, and a pastoral referee from a Church leader or friend
- A cover letter demonstrating why you are right for this role, why you are applying to lead Restored, and why now.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Thursday February 6th, 2020.
Interviews will take place on Friday March 13th, 2020 (subject to confirmation).
We look forward to hearing from you.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.