Resurgo Trust annually generates about £3 million of donations, employs c.50 staff, and is based in London. It is regarded as one of the leading UK charities for social impact and enjoys demonstrably high-impact outcomes.
Resurgo Trust's Finance team is led by the Head of Finance, supported by the Finance Assistant, and plays a crucial role in the financial and operational management of Resurgo. The role of the Finance Assistant is to expertly perform key financial activities that support the achievement of Resurgo’s mission and to encourage the flourishing of its culture
The Finance Assistant will perform a vital role in the efficient workings of the finance department and will be expected to contribute actively to improve and develop the department’s activities. You will be responsible for day to day bookkeeping functions, preparing financial statements and accounts, managing ledgers, supporting the creation of forecasts and budgets, and helping with the preparation of tax and gift aid returns.
- Perform all day to day bookkeeping duties, updating the bank feed and reconciliations, providing regular reporting to internal teams
- Maintain all necessary accounting records including invoices, expenses, payments and transactions
- Manage core ledgers and processing transactions
- Produce sales invoices and ensure all bills and expenses are posted and accounted for
- Report on accounts payable and receivable, and follow up on payments and collections
- Produce month end journals for payroll and internal allocations and subsidiaries
- Complete VAT and Gift Aid reports
- Support the development of project and company budgets
- Ensure capital assets are correctly recorded, valued, depreciated and reported
- Prepare calculations of accruals and prepayments
- Support auditors with their enquiries
- Prepare monthly reports, comparing actual income and spend to budget
- Collaborate closely with colleagues to support other teams with finance matters, explaining technical matters clearly
Active participation in and support for Resurgo’s team and mission
- Help build and develop Resurgo’s ethos and Christian life as a team member.
- Lead and contribute to regular team prayer meetings as an integral part of Resurgo’s operation and for the success of its mission.
- A practising Christian who is passionate about personally representing the Christian values of Resurgo and is committed to Resurgo’s mission to transform urban communities.
- Professional (bookkeeping or accounting) qualification (AAT/IAB/ACCA/CIMA) desired, whether completed or in process, but not essential
- Bookkeeping ability or experience is essential as you will need to hit the ground running and pick up day-to-day operations quickly
- Experience working in or with the charity sector desired, but not essential
- Xero (or similar) online accounting solution experience desirable, together with expertise in Microsoft office programmes including Excel
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; high attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated with good time management skills
- Effective communicator, with the ability to work closely with colleagues and to work confidentially and with integrity.
Working requirements, salary & benefits
- Starting salary £23,000 - £28,000 pro-rata dependent on experience, plus pension scheme with employer contribution.
- Part-time, 3-4 days a week 9.30am – 5.30pm, with some flexibility as to working days and the split of hours, and some home-working considered.
- 25 days annual leave pro rata, plus time off between Christmas and New Year.
- Occasional evening and weekend working , for events such as Spear Celebration evenings and the annual Resurgo fundraising party.
- Excellent staff development and training opportunities, including attendance on the accredited Coaching for Leadership course.
- Participation in the wider staff team including taking an active part in weekly staff prayer meetings and annual staff conferences.
- We offer an Employee Assistance Programme (a confidential support service) as well as the option to take advantage of Give as you Earn (GAYE)
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.