Want to play your part in transforming society?
You're in the right place.
How's this for a deal? You bring your 'A' Game.
Show us a willingness to learn and work hard, and a desire to live out a powerful expression of your Christian life and faith.
We'll do the rest, providing you with a paid, dynamic, one-year opportunity, where you'll be supported and challenged. We'll invest in you, developing expert coaching and leadership skills to set you on a great career path.
You'll work as part of Christ Church Clifton in Bristol delivering the Spear Programme to 16-24 year olds, equipping and empowering them to overcome the barriers they face and turn their lives around.
Our Spear trainees face significant challenges, including the likes of mental health difficulties, experience of crime, growing up in care, or poor grades at school. We're proud that the Spear Programme has a great track record of achieving significant results.
What will you do?
- Coach 16-24 year olds, bringing about powerful change in their lives.
You'll deliver coaching to young people in group and 1-1 settings, to equip them with the skills and mindset they need to thrive in work or further education. You'll also support the daily administrative function of the programme, including events support.
- Build great relationships with relevant professionals.
You’ll build relationships with people from all walks of life, including relevant professionals at local organisations, and communicate directly with local young people, to encourage referrals onto the Spear programme.
- Form part of an intentional church community.
You'll be directly employed by one of our partner churches, so you'll be part of a vibrant church staff team and submerged in an exciting faith community. You'll establish a personal presence within the community as your regular place of worship.
What will you gain?
- Christian Leadership Skills - You'll be immersed in a culture of continual feedback, vulnerability, and challenge, and have opportunities to practise these skills in regular staff prayer meetings, Spear team meetings and events.
- Social Impact Experience - You'll gain a working understanding of the social issues affecting your church’s community, and work with the church to tailor Spear accordingly. You'll learn effective ways of measuring meaningful impact and outcomes.
- Excellent coaching capability - We provide expert and specialist coaching training, through our bespoke 'Coaching Academy'. We continue to develop you through intensive on-the-job support and weekly 1-1 mentoring. You'll have the opportunity to work towards International Coaching Federation accreditation.
- Management skills and career progression - We equip you with the skills and confidence you need to become a Lead Coach within a year, and then a Spear Centre Manager within 3 years.
- Desire to grow and learn spiritually and as a Christian leader, including a desire to learn and understand coaching techniques.
- Effective interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence, a sense of humour and fun!
- Confident communication skills, excellent telephone, face to face and video-call manner.
- Ambitious and self-motivated with good time management skills and the ability to prioritise workload, exercise initiative and work well under pressure.
- A-levels or equivalent are essential, degree level or equivalent qualifications desirable.
- Passion for social justice, especially supporting young people into employment or education
See our team guide for more.
Working requirements, salary & benefits
- Starting salary from £20,000, plus pension scheme. An additional bursary of up to £5,000 is available for candidates from UK minority ethnic backgrounds and those who have faced disadvantage, . Further information is available from our People and Culture team.
- 12-month fixed term contract with high chances of renewal and excellent progression opportunities - we aim to give all our Graduate Coaches the skills and training needed to become a Spear Centre Manager within 3 years.
- Full-time Monday to Friday, 9.30am – 5.30pm
- 25 days annual leave.
- As Spear centres are run in close partnership with churches, close involvment with the church congregation will be required, including attending church on Sundays, participating in church team events and staff prayer meetings as well as wider Resurgo team events, training and conferences
- A DBS check will be requested in the event of a job offer
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.