Want to play your part in transforming society?
You're in the right place.
How's this for a deal? You bring your 'A' Game.
Show us a willingness to learn and work hard, and a desire to live out a powerful expression of your Christian life and faith.
We'll do the rest, providing you with a paid, dynamic, one-year opportunity, where you'll be supported and challenged. We'll invest in you, developing expert coaching and leadership skills to set you on a great career path.
We're now advertising for work coaches to join our Graduate scheme in January and August 2022, working as part of a local church in Bristol, Bournemouth or London delivering the Spear Programme to 16-24 year olds, equipping and empowering them to overcome the barriers they face and turn their lives around.
Are you an experienced coach? We are also Hiring for Lead Work Coaches at various centres - see our website for more information.
Our Spear trainees face significant challenges, including mental health difficulties, experience of crime, growing up in care, or poor grades at school. We're proud that the Spear Programme has a great track record of achieving significant results.
What will you do?
- Coach 16-24 year olds, bringing about powerful change in their lives.
You'll deliver coaching to young people in group and 1-1 settings, to equip them with the skills and mindset they need to thrive in work or further education. You'll also support the daily administrative function of the programme, including events support.
- Build great relationships with relevant professionals.
You’ll build relationships with people from all walks of life, including relevant professionals at local organisations, and communicate directly with local young people, to encourage referrals onto the Spear programme.
- Form part of an intentional church community.
You'll be directly employed by one of our partner churches, so you'll be part of a vibrant church staff team and submerged in an exciting faith community. You'll establish a personal presence within the community as your regular place of worship.
What will you gain?
- Christian Leadership Skills - You'll be immersed in a culture of continual feedback, vulnerability, and challenge, and have opportunities to practise these skills in regular staff prayer meetings, Spear team meetings and events.
- Social Impact Experience - You'll gain a working understanding of the social issues affecting your church’s community, and work with the church to tailor Spear accordingly.
- Excellent coaching capability - We provide expert and specialist coaching training, through our bespoke 'Coaching Academy'. We continue to develop you through intensive on-the-job support and weekly 1-1 mentoring. You'll have the opportunity to work towards International Coaching Federation accreditation.
- Management skills and career progression - We equip you with the skills and confidence you need to become a Lead Coach within a year, and then a Spear Centre Manager within 3 years.
Please see attached Job Description and Team Guide for more information - we're also hiring for other roles, so head to our website for more information.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.