Are you a confident and outstanding coach with a passion to work alongside the local church to transform communities? If you have a heart for urban communities and seeing the direction of young people’s lives radically changed, this may be for you.
We are now recruiting for a Lead Coach for our Spear centre in Kennington, South London – a great opportunity to work as part of a new Spear team together with the local church to deliver the Spear Programme, equipping and empowering unemployed 16 – 24 year olds to overcome barriers to employment and turn their lives around by moving into sustainable work or further education.
Please see the attached job description for more detailed information.
- Running Spear Foundation Programme group sessions, coaching young people in skills and mindsets to help them into work over 6 weeks
- Delivery of Spear Career, staying in touch with trainees for a year after they finish Spear Foundation, to offer bespoke support and workshops to help them as they apply for jobs, and once they're offered a role, supporting them to stay there
- Networking with local organsations to enrol young people onto the Programme
- Receiving regular feedback to support your own development, and helping to train the Graduate Coach
- Active participation in and support for the church team and mission
- An active Christian, passionate about personally representing the values and beliefs of Resurgo and the partner church.
- Qualifications at degree level or equivalent
- Dynamic and engaging Coach with experience of and enthusiasm for the practice of coaching and training techniques, and a desire to develop as a coach
- A minimum of one years’ experience in training and development design and delivery
- Heart for working with young people and commitment to transforming urban communities
- Effective interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence with a sense of humour and fun
- Ability to lead others effectively
- Exercises initiative, highly self-motivated and a forward planner
- Good time management and organisational skills, working well under pressure with the ability to prioritise workload
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint competent and accurate and efficient in typing and work methods
Working requirements, salary & benefits
- Starting salary from £25,500 dependent on experience, plus pension scheme
- Full-time Monday to Friday, 9.30am – 5.30pm
- 25 days annual leave plus gift days between Christmas and New Year
- Occasional evening working required (for events such as termly Spear Celebration evenings and the annual fundraising party).
- Excellent staff development and training opportunities, including attendance on either our Coaching Academy or ‘Coaching for Leadership’ course – a programme of coaching and leadership training within your first 6 months (valued at £2,500).
- You will be expected to participate in Spear team events and be integrated in the local church community and Spear Trust, as well as wider Resurgo team events, including prayer meetings and staff conferences.
- We offer an Employee Assistance Programme (a confidential support service for staff) as well as the option to take advantage of Give as you Earn (GAYE)
- A DBS check will be requested in the event of a job offer
The programme is run in partnership with our partner churches and the role will require that the successful applicant attends becomes part of the partner church congregation. For more information on other Spear roles and partner churches, please get in touch with our People & Culture team.
In 2016 we were listed as one of the UK’s Best Workplaces in the ‘Great Place to Work’ Awards. In 2017 we won the Princess Royal Training Awards which honours employers that have created outstanding training and skills development programmes.
Please see our website as well as the attached job description for further information, and head to our jobs portal to apply.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.