If you have a heart for urban communities and seeing the direction of young people’s lives radically changed, we're looking for you!
We are now recruiting for a Lead Employment Coach for a Spear centre in London, and one in Leeds– a great opportunity to work as part of a Spear team together with the local church to deliver the Spear Programme, equipping and empowering unemployed 16 – 24 year olds to overcome barriers to employment and turn their lives around by moving into sustainable work or further education.
Please see the attached job description for more detailed information and head to our website to learn about our culture and values.
- Running group sessions as part of the 6-week Spear Foundation Programme, coaching young people in skills and mindsets to help them into work or education
- Delivery of Spear Career, staying in touch with trainees for a year after they finish Spear Foundation, to offer bespoke support and workshops to help them as they apply for jobs, and once they're offered a role, supporting them to stay there
- Networking with local organsations to enrol young people onto the Programme
- Receiving regular feedback to support your own development, and helping to train the Graduate Coach
- Active participation in and support for the church team and mission
- An active Christian, passionate about personally representing the values and beliefs of Resurgo and the partner church.
- Qualifications at degree level or equivalent
- Dynamic and engaging Coach with experience of and enthusiasm for the practice of coaching and training techniques, and a desire to develop as a coach
- A minimum of one years’ experience in training and development design and delivery
- Heart for working with young people and commitment to transforming urban communities
- Effective interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence with a sense of humour and fun
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
Working requirements, salary & benefits
- Starting salary from £22,000 (Leeds) and from £26,000 (London) dependent on location and experience, plus pension scheme
- Full-time Monday to Friday, 9.30am – 5.30pm
- 25 days annual leave, plus gift days between Christmas and New Year and Bank Holidays
- Occasional evening working required (for events such as termly Spear Celebration evenings and the annual fundraising party).
- Excellent staff development and training opportunities, including attendance on either our Coaching Academy or ‘Coaching for Leadership’ course – a programme of coaching and leadership training (valued at £2,500).
- You will be expected to participate in Spear team events and be integrated in the local church community and Spear Trust, as well as wider Resurgo team events, including prayer meetings and staff conferences.
- We offer an Employee Assistance Programme (a confidential support service for staff) as well as the option to take advantage of Give as you Earn (GAYE)
- A DBS check will be requested in the event of a job offer
The programme is run in partnership with our partner churches and the role may require that the successful applicant joins the partner church congregation. For more information on other Spear roles and partner churches, please get in touch with our People & Culture team.
In 2017 we won the Princess Royal Training Awards which honours employers that have created outstanding training and skills development programmes.
Please head to our jobs portal to apply.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.