This is a great opportunity to join a successful and vibrant Philanthropy team, overseeing and building this key income stream and managing a team member, as well as taking forward statutory funding opportunities.
You will build relationships with a caseload of Trusts and Foundations and play a key role in Resurgo’s ambitious plans for 2022, including the growth of the award-winning Spear programme, which works with young people facing barriers to employment to support them into work, education or training.
Deadline for applications: 16th January 2022
Reporting to the Head of Philanthropy, you will help shape and deliver the Trusts and Foundation strategy and manage an established funding stream, bringing in over £550k a year and looking to grow it further. Key responsibilities are as follows:
- You will be a confident communicator, able to build and maintain relationships with a caseload of medium and large Trusts and Foundations (both current donors and prospects), providing high quality stewardship tailored to each funder.
- Undertake ongoing research (and oversee a team member in their work on this) to find new Trusts & Foundations to provide a good pipeline for the future, as well as facilitating peer introductions from other contacts e.g. Trustees.
Writing applications and reports
- You will have an excellent writing style, able to articulate the vision and mission of Resurgo and develop detailed funding applications for Trusts and statutory funders, as well as general communications on the work of Resurgo
- Produce timely reports on the impact of the funded work.
- Proactively research relevant institutional and statutory funding opportunities to maximise income.
- Work with relevant internal teams to manage current contracts/grants and support the T&F Executive in this.
Monitoring and Reporting
- With strong attention to detail you will update our internal database with all donor interactions, donations and other details in a timely and efficient manner
- Monitor the Trusts & Foundations and Statutory pipelines and report on income to the Head of Philanthropy
- Manage the Trusts & Foundations workflow to ensure monthly targets and deadlines are met.
- Line manage the Trusts and Foundations Executive, ensuring they are appropriately supported and developed in their role.
Active participation in and support for Resurgo’s team and mission
- Help build and develop Resurgo’s ethos and Christian life as a team member including leading and contributing to weekly team prayer meetings as an integral part of Resurgo’s operation and for the success of its mission.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly strong writing skills (both technical and relational), and a high attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build good relationships with people at all levels.
- Experience in Trust fundraising or an equivalent field. In addition, some knowledge of statutory fundraising desirable but not essential.
- Self-motivated and able to exercise initiative and proactively pursue new opportunities.
- Effective administration and organisational skills, as well as strong quantitative skills.
- Good time management skills with ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint competent and experience of/ability to use databases.
WORKING REQUIREMENTS, SALARY & BENEFITS
- Salary from £34,000 dependent on experience, plus pension scheme with employer contribution.
- Full-time 9.30am – 5.30pm, Monday – Friday with some flexibility and the option to work partly remotely
- 25 days annual leave, with additional time off between Christmas and New Year. For more info, see the Team Guide on our website.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.