Would you like to work for a leading mental health charity?
Do you want a rewarding career where you can really make a difference?
If yes, join us here at Rethink Mental Illness.
We have Due to growth we have an exciting opportunity within our Business Development Team where you will join our friendly and inspiring team as a Business Development Manager. Your role will be a permanent position working full time, 35 hours per week with Agile working.
Our Business Development team sits within the Operations Directorate and works closely with colleagues to develop and grow our core activities which enable the Charity to deliver high quality mental health care and support to people when they need it and ensure we can help more people through our wider work.
Who are we?
We’re Rethink Mental Illness, a leading charity provider of mental health services in England. We support thousands of people through our groups, services, policy, campaigns and advice and information. Our work supports us in delivering on our mission: “A better life for everyone severely affected by mental illness.”
What will you be doing?
As Business Development Manager, you will work collaboratively with colleagues across the charity to develop winning tenders and proposals which further the delivery of Rethink Mental Illness’ strategy.
- Write high-quality tender submissions/proposals that clearly articulate Rethink Mental Illness’ offer, meet commissioners and funders’ requirements; and lead to success in winning and retaining contracts
- Lead the initial modelling of budgets, activity and staffing assumptions to develop service models and solutions with input from colleagues, working with Finance and HR colleagues to finalise these ahead of submission
- Think critically and write to the highest standard, producing high quality and engaging tenders/proposals utilising the experience and expertise of colleagues
- Manage the end-to-end bid development process in accordance with internal quality and governance protocols
- Accurately interpret all tender documentation and/or briefs, to produce a forensic review informing bid/no bid decisions and to identify and develop the best compliant response, sharing findings with and making recommendations to colleagues involved in the submission
- Work with the Co-Production, Involvement, and Evidence & Impact teams to promote involvement of individuals with lived experience.
- Support the team’s systems and process, including the bid library and analysis of outcome feedback and application of lessons learnt for continuous improvement.
Do you have what we are looking for?
- Demonstratable track record in generating income though writing successful competitive bids
- Have a relevant degree or equivalent experience / evidence a commitment to personal and career development relevant to the post
- Ability to analyse complex tender documents to understand commissioner needs
- Ability to construct budgets and have maths skills.
- Ideally, we would like you to have some experience or understanding of Mental Health, charity industry, or health and social care sector
What will you receive?
- Positive and supportive working environments - We have a highly supportive working environment in which managers are challenging and supporting in equal measures.
- Positive work-life balance – Flexible working opportunities and support from our employee assistance programme.
- A competitive salary and pension scheme – We pay all employees the Real Living Wage and benchmark our against our competitors. Annual increments to the top of the payscale.
- Strong management - A strong performance management culture is embedded across the organisation.
- A fantastic learning and development offer - A clearly set out and accessible learning and development pathway, offering an extensive range of training and learning opportunities is accessible for all. This includes funding for post qualifying courses.
The safety and wellbeing of our service users and colleagues is our first priority, which is why it is now a condition of employment for anyone joining us that they have either had the recommended Covid-19 vaccine or agree to have it when offered by the NHS. You can find more information on our approach and why we have made this important decision in our attached Covid-19 vaccination information document.
You will have plenty of opportunities to enhance your abilities with the opportunity to make a real difference every day. In addition, you will have excellent development opportunities including funded training, career development and a range e-learning courses. You will also receive:
- Salary of £35,734.46 to £39,295 London salary of £38,390.57 to £41,941.49
- Annual Increments to the top of the spine
- Flexible working opportunities
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance and employee assistance programme
- 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Your "Rethink Day" - 1 day’s additional leave (pro rata) on your Birthday
- Eyecare vouchers
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.