We are Recruiting for a number of Freelance Associate Trainers who can be based in either The North, Midlands, London or the South. Our training team produces and delivers high quality mental health in the workplace training and consultancy services to a wide-ranging audience. We lead on training delivery and consultancy for both Rethink Mental Illness and Mental Health UK. We pride ourselves on ensuring our content is evidence based and focussed on the experiences of people with lived experience of mental illness.
As an Associate Trainer for the Training Team, I deliver mental health-related training on a freelance basis. The training is mostly delivered to employees within an organisation. It is delivered both in person and remotely e.g. via Webex and Zoom. I use my knowledge and experience of delivering mental health training in workplaces and/or in a workplace context to deliver high quality training. I liaise with the Business Administrators and the Senior Training and Consultancy Officers to ensure the training I deliver is specific to the client’s sector and needs.
About the role
- I deliver mental health-related training in person and remotely (i.e. over the internet) such as Mental Health Awareness, Mental Health in the Workplace for Managers, Resilience, and Mental Health First Aid/Youth Mental Health First Aid to external audiences in the form of scheduled training in external workplaces/online, and open courses (e.g. to members of the public).
- I deliver training and facilitate learning using a range of teaching and learning techniques.
- I confidently utilise various technologies, software and media formats.
- I work confidently, skilfully and accurately with a wide range of IT and software packages.
- I support the co-delivery of training by people with direct experience of mental illness.
- I contribute to the evaluation of our training and consultancy services, ensuring we can evidence impact and continuous improvement.
- I am able to work flexibly, which may include evening or weekend work occasionally, if required by our customers.
- I provide excellent customer service.
- I am aware of health, safety and wellbeing legislation, as well as information governance requirements, and work safely and follow policy and procedure at all times.
I have the essentials covered:
- I work on a freelance basis.
- I have experience of working in a teaching/training/learning environment and facilitating and delivering teaching and/or training.
- I have experience of delivering mental health-related training to employees in workplaces or in a workplace context.
- I have experience of training a wide variety of audiences and learners.
- Experience in some form (e.g. personal lived experience, caring for another, experience gained from employment/volunteering) of either: mental health, wellbeing, mental illness, the mental health system.
- I have an awareness of current knowledge and understanding of mental health, wellbeing, mental illness, stigma and discrimination, particularly in the workplace.
- I am knowledgeable about a range of workplace tools for supporting employees’ mental health e.g. Wellbeing Plans, Stress Risk Assessments, Reasonable Adjustments, 1:1s, current general best practice etc.
- I have an ever-developing knowledge and understanding of how mental illness affects people differently based on existing and new social and political factors and research findings.
- I have knowledge of what constitutes a trusted source of research or evidence.
- I have well-developed IT skills including the skills (if not experience) to confidently deliver training remotely (over the internet).
I may also have
- Teaching, training, or other relevant qualification e.g. CIPD L&D, PTTLS, PGCE.
- Mental Health First Aid/Youth Mental Health First Aid Instructor qualification.
- Experience of working in the mental health field.
- Experience of empowering individuals with direct experience of mental illness and carers.
- Experience of delivering training to senior managers.
- Experience of working remotely.
- Experience of remote training delivery and blended learning.
- Experience of leadership/line-management.
- Experience of training other trainers.
We welcome applications from everyone, applicants with lived experience, LGBTQ+, people with a disability, or who are BAME are actively encouraged to apply. We are proud to have also been awarded Disability Confident employer status and therefore we ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible to everyone.
We reserve the right to change the closing date without notice depending on the number of responses received.