Would you like to work for a leading mental health charity?
Do you want a rewarding career where you can really make a difference?
If yes, join us here at Rethink Mental Illness.
We have an exciting opportunity at our Assertive Transition service in Northampton, where you will join our friendly and inspiring team as a Carers Development Lead. Your role will be a fixed term position working part time 28 hours per week, with Agile working.
The Assertive Transition Service is a secure care service that is designed to support adult patients who have a severe mental health Illness as well as a forensic history. These individuals are currently in a secure care setting. We would like to further develop our support offering and further develop our strategy to support our forensic carers.
Who are we?
We’re Rethink Mental Illness, a leading charity provider of mental health services in England. We support thousands of people through our groups, services, policy, campaigns and advice and information. Our work supports us in delivering on our mission: “A better life for everyone severely affected by mental illness.”
What will you be doing?
You will be working with a caseload of carers as well as taking the lead to develop the strategy to make sure its far reaching and accessible especially to those carers who may be reluctant to engage with us.
- Lead on the development of the Assertive Transitions secure care carers strategy, that is specifically developed to meet the needs of forensic carers
- Create suitable platforms to bring forensic carers together
- Design and facilitate specific forensic carer training materials
- Incorporate extensive community development work, in order to maximise the support we are able to offer to our carers
- Responsible for leading our forensic carers strategy across two hubs, based in: Nottingham and Northampton
- Provide information, support and guidance to carers, friends and family of patients transitioning from secure care hospital settings back into their communities across the East Midlands
Do you have what we are looking for?
- Have experience of working with carers.
- Have QCF Diploma or NVQ level 3 in Care or Certificate in Community Mental Healthcare (or working towards) or equivalent knowledge gained through lived personal experience as a Carer
- Have a working knowledge of carers rights and the Care Act 2014, mental health, criminal justice and/or substance misuse
You will be working within the community and therefore travelling will be required. We therefore need you to have a driving licence.
The safety and wellbeing of our service users and colleagues is our first priority, which is why it is now a condition of employment for anyone joining us that they have either had the recommended Covid-19 vaccine or agree to have it when offered by the NHS. You can find more information on our approach and why we have made this important decision in our attached Covid-19 vaccination information document.
What will you receive?
- Positive and supportive working environments - We have a highly supportive working environment in which managers are challenging and supporting in equal measures.
- Positive work-life balance – Flexible working opportunities and support from our employee assistance programme.
- A competitive salary and pension scheme – We pay all employees the Real Living Wage and benchmark our against our competitors. Annual increments to the top of the payscale.
- Strong management - A strong performance management culture is embedded across the organisation.
- A fantastic learning and development offer - A clearly set out and accessible learning and development pathway, offering an extensive range of training and learning opportunities is accessible for all. This includes funding for post qualifying courses.
You will have plenty of opportunities to enhance your abilities with the opportunity to make a real difference every day. In addition, you will have excellent development opportunities including funded training, career development and a range e-learning courses. You will also receive:
- Salary of £21,703.61 per annum pro rata
- Flexible working opportunities
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance and employee assistance programme
- 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Your "Rethink Day" - 1 day’s additional leave (pro rata) on your Birthday
- Eyecare vouchers
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.