Rethink Mental Illness have secured a new contract to deliver All Age Advocacy Services across Essex. We are seeking a Referral and Data Co-ordinator to support the Contract Manager in the delivery of the Single Point of Access for the service.
The Single Point of Access (SPA) provides a comprehensive intake system for all new referrals to Essex All Age Advocacy, providing all new referrals with timely screening and triage, allocating referrals to our Locality Hubs or signposting to other services or sources of information.
You will be the first point of contact for anyone contacting the SPA; providing first response to clients or referrers and co-ordinating the referral triage process, gathering referral information and working closely with the Contract Manager and Locality Team Leaders to allocate referrals to advocates and our advocacy groups.
We are seeking a motivated, highly organised individual with experience of providing a first-class customer focused service. You will respond positively and professionally to a wide range of contacts, working directly with social care and health staff, stakeholders, carers of, and people with learning disabilities, physical and sensory impairments, acquired brain injuries, young people, older people and those with mental health needs.
- You will be committed to delivering a timely and personalised response to all contacts, ensuring that our Advocacy service is delivered efficiently and effectively.
- You will have experience of working or volunteering in an Advocacy setting.
- Strong verbal/written/non-verbal communication skills, able to communicate sensitively and empathetically.
- A good understanding of advocacy practice and key laws, in order to answer non-complex questions around rights under the Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act and Care Act.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team with flexible approach to undertaking a wide variety of tasks.
- IT literate with working knowledge of standard Microsoft Office programs and experience of accurate data entry to databases.
- Experience and skills in statistical data analysis and presentation.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Annual increments to top of pay scale
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- 33 days annual leave including statutory/bank holiday
- Childcare vouchers scheme
- Where appropriate paid eye test plus up to £55 towards the cost of new glasses or lenses
- Excellent career development opportunities with access to further training and advocacy qualifications
This post will initially be based in Southend-on-Sea. We are currently relocating the SPA to a central Chelmsford location. We will consider home based working until the Chelmsford office is operational.
Just a couple of final things,
We welcome applications from everyone, applicants with lived experience, LGBTQ+, people with a disability, or who are BAME are actively encouraged to apply. We are proud to have also been awarded Disability Confident employer status and therefore we ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible to everyone.
We reserve the right to change the closing date without notice depending on the number of responses received.