Do you want a rewarding career where you can really make a difference?
Have you got experience in co-production and are looking to work for a leading mental health charity?
If so, you could be the person we are looking for
We’re Rethink Mental Illness, a leading charity provider of mental health services in England. We support thousands of people through our groups, services, policy, campaigns and advice and information. Our work supports us in delivering on our mission: “A better life for everyone severely affected by mental illness.”
Living with mental illness and accessing the support needed in the community continues to be difficult. You will have a lot to say about the services you or a loved one has received, or you will have a wealth of ideas on how things could be improved. You will know how to help us build a mental health system in the community that really cares. You are interested in working with people with lived experience of mental illness to transform and improve mental health services.
We are recruiting for someone to join us as a Senior Co-Production officer for a one year fixed Term contract. The role will be required to support the Co-production Manager in bidding for co-production contracts with the NHS and other funders. You will work closely recruiting experts by experience and working with them to co-design mental health services. You will also lead on focus groups across the co-production team – facilitating, ensuring full involvement and analysing them. Co-production will be essential. This means people with lived experience working as equal partners with professionals to design the new models of care, and then continuing to be involved through implementation and evaluation.
In everything we do, we seek to demonstrate our values: Passion, Commitment, Openness, Hope, Expertise and Understanding. If these values resonate with you, we would love to hear from you.
What will you be doing?
Acting as the first point of contact and providing advice on co-production to all colleagues
- I distribute the opportunity to become an expert by experience leader to local service users, their carers, and the wider community.
- I on-board expert by experience leaders using a 'light' assessment process and letting them know what will be involved
- I liaise with our funders and local stakeholders to plan how to co-produce with the expert by experience leaders and identify the key topics for consideration.
- I organise and facilitate expert by experience leaders group meetings to consider key service co-design topics.
- I facilitate focus groups with people with lived experience, identifying discussion topics and analysing the findings – often digitally.
- I connect expert by experience leaders with local NHS/council boards and working groups.
- I support expert by experience leaders to connect with people in their communities to collect their views.
- I am a champion for ensuring representation, equality and diversity amongst experts by experience and identifying ways to increase representation.
Do you have what we are looking for?
- I have experience of working with mental health service users.
- I have an interest in the value of lived experience as a complementary perspective to the professional perspective – to arrive at better solutions
- I have experience of delivering focus groups, engaging attendees and getting the most out of people
- I am passionate about equality and diversity and increasing representation
- I have a flexible, proactive approach to building relationships
- I have an aptitude for helping people feel safe and supported in group discussions
- I have an aptitude for collaborative working (including: active listening, appreciating different perspectives, positive language, proactive, solutions-focused approach, constructive/sensitive challenging, willingness to compromise/negotiate, enabling emotionally safe environments)
- I am able to organise and facilitate meetings in person and using remote technology eg Zoom, Teams, whiteboards, Mentimeter
- I am proficient in Microsoft Office software eg PowerPoint
What will you receive?
You will have plenty of opportunities to enhance your skills with the chance to make a real difference every day. In addition, you will have excellent development opportunities including funded training, career development and a range e-learning courses. You will also receive:
- Salary of £29,485.09 to £32,025.17 per annum (or £32,131.20 to £34,671.28 inc.London Weighting) per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance and employee assistance programme
- 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Your "Rethink Day" - one day’s additional leave (pro rata) on your birthday
- Eyecare vouchers
- Flexible working
We welcome applications from everyone, applicants with lived experience, those who are Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning+ (LGBTQ+), people with a disability, or those from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds are actively encouraged to apply. We are proud to have also been awarded Disability Confident employer status. We have an ambition of becoming an anti-racist organisation and we recognise there is more to do in ensuring our recruitment is fair and inclusive, which is why we are recruiting new roles in helping us to achieve this. Please be mindful that we may need to close adverts early if we receive a high volume of applications, we therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible. If a shortened closing date has a significant impact on your ability to apply, please let us know.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.