Do you want a rewarding career where you can really make a difference?
Are you interested in working for a leading mental health charity?
If so, you may be the person we are looking for
We’re Rethink Mental Illness, a leading charity provider of mental health services in England. We support thousands of people through our groups, services, policy, campaigns and advice and information. Our work supports us in delivering on our mission: “A better life for everyone severely affected by mental illness.”
Due to growth we have an exciting opportunity for 2 Senior Mental Health Money Advisor to join our established and friendly Money Advice team. You will join us on a permanent contract working full time, 35 hours per week based from home. You will however be asked to travel to our Birmingham office on an occasional basis for meetings and training.
We are looking for someone to join our Mental Health & Money Advice Service acting as a mental health and money adviser providing holistic advice and support to clients who are experiencing both poor mental health and financial difficulties. This is the first UK wide service which address both mental health and financial health together.
In everything we do, we seek to demonstrate our values: Passion, Commitment, Openness, Hope, Expertise and Understanding. If these values resonate with you, we would love to hear from you.
What will you be doing?
- Providing strong leadership to the advisers I supervise and work closely with the service manager to develop the advice team.
- Continuing to develop my knowledge of mental health, welfare benefits and money advice to meet the needs of the service and help advisers I supervise to do the same.
- Monitoring the quality and accuracy of advice and casework provision and take action to address issues with quality and ensure advice is holistic covering debt, welfare benefits and mental health.
- Undertaking regular case work reviews to advisers to help resolve case issues and make sure workloads are manageable.
- Providing cover to the service manager during periods of absence and annual leave covering a range of duties.
- Advising and supporting clients by telephone who are experiencing mental health and money problems, their friends, carers and relatives and professionals involved in their care and support.
- Commenting on and inputting into the quality and publication of mental health and money related resources written and updated by the team and published online to ensure they are accurate.
Do you have what we are looking for?
- I can evidence training (caseworker and/or specialist levels) in money advice from accredited training providers e.g. IMA and Wiser Adviser.
- I have at least 3 years’ experience providing money advice (including debt and financial capability, welfare benefits/income max) either face to face or via telephone.
- I have 2 years’ experience of providing casework covering debt, welfare benefits or mental health.
- I have experience of coaching or supporting other staff or volunteers.
- I have at least 1 years’ experience in remote advice delivery e.g. telephone, email, virtual chat etc.
- I have experience of working with vulnerable clients, particularly people affected by mental illness.
- Familiar with relevant legislation, regulation and guidance covering welfare benefits and money advice.
- Wide range of money advice knowledge; budgeting, dealing with priority and non-priority debts, County Court / High Court options, insolvency options and a wide range of welfare benefits.
- I am accredited by the Institute of Money Advisers or willing to work towards this accreditation.
What will you receive?
You will have plenty of opportunities to enhance your abilities with the chance to make a real difference every day. In addition, you will have excellent development opportunities including funded training, career development and a range e-learning courses. You will also receive:
- Salary of £25,690.03 to £28,087.95 per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance and employee assistance programme
- 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Your "Rethink Day" - 1 day’s additional leave (pro rata) on your Birthday
- Eyecare vouchers
- Flexible working
Don’t just change jobs, change lives!
Just a couple of final things,
We welcome applications from everyone, applicants with lived experience, those who are Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning+ (LGBTQ+), people with a disability, or those from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds are actively encouraged to apply. We are proud to have also been awarded Disability Confident employer status. We have an ambition of becoming an anti-racist organisation and we recognise there is more to do in ensuring our recruitment is fair and inclusive, which is why we are recruiting new roles in helping us to achieve this. Please be mindful that we may close adverts early if we receive a high volume of applications which is why we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.