Would you like to work for a leading mental health charity?
Do you want a rewarding career where you can really make a difference?
If yes, join us here at Rethink Mental Illness.
Due to growth, we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Mental Health Recovery Officer to join our inspiring and friendly Black Country Helpline team. Your role will be a fixed term position until 31st March 2022 working full time, 35 hours per week based in the service.
Our Black Country24/7 Helpline service is the first main point of access for members of the public wanting or requiring direct access to mental health services, support, or advice. The service does not replace all other points of access but will function to serve all and eradicate the need for people to be signposted, where the ability to provide direct access can be facilitated. The helpline is open for people of all ages, available 24 hours a day, 7 days week, 365 days per year, providing immediate access to advice, emotional support, and triage.
Who are we?
We’re Rethink Mental Illness, a leading charity provider of mental health services in England. We support thousands of people through our groups, services, policy, campaigns and advice and information. Our work supports us in delivering on our mission: “A better life for everyone severely affected by mental illness.”
In everything we do, we seek to demonstrate our values: Passion, Commitment, Openness, Hope, Expertise and Understanding. If these values resonate with you, we would love to hear from you.
What will you be doing?
- Monitoring and reporting when required on the effectiveness of support delivery and contract performance.
- Supporting and guiding staff and volunteers ensuring they have the knowledge, information, and resources to be successful in their roles and make a positive and valued contribution to the service.
- Maintaining accurate records as required by policies and procedures, using appropriate paper and electronic systems. To maintain up to date details of service and support activities and outcomes on the Rethink Information System.
- Ensuring effective incident and complaint recording including reporting information on SPHERA.
- Supporting individuals to express their satisfaction with the opportunities they have accessed by submitting comments, compliments or complaints.
- Ensuring staffing rota is completed a month in advance and adequate staffing cover is available.
- Representing individuals interests when they are not able to do so themselves.
- Enabling individuals to access information about services and resources relevant to their requirements.
- Communicating, co-working and networking with statutory services and other agencies.
Do you have what we are looking for?
- The ability to make a comprehensive assessment of an individual’s situation and needs; to develop, implement and review risk management plans and devise support plans and activities to meet these needs.
- Experience of providing support to people with a mental illness; or experience of providing care and/or support services within another social care setting in either a paid or voluntary capacity.
- Experience of leading and supporting a team effectively.
- A strong working knowledge of mental health and appropriate intervention methods QCF Diploma or NVQ level 3 in Care or Certificate in Community Mental Healthcare (or working towards) or an equivalent qualification.
- Experience of providing support to people with severe mental illness in a community or helpline setting
- Diploma or certificate in Counselling or equivalent accredited qualification
What will you receive?
You will have plenty of opportunities to enhance your abilities with the opportunity to make a real difference every day. In addition, you will have excellent development opportunities including funded training, career development and a range e-learning courses. You will also receive:
- Salary of £22,407.40 to 25,690.03 per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance and employee assistance programme
- 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Your "Rethink Day" - 1 day’s additional leave (pro rata) on your Birthday
- Eyecare vouchers
- Flexible working
Don’t just change jobs, change lives!
Due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, we're unlikely to be fully reopening our Dudley or Wolverhampton offices in the near future. Therefore, the role will involve a mixture of working from home and if required office working until we’ve fully re-opened the office. We will continue to review the situation inline with government guidelines.
Just a couple of final things,
We welcome applications from everyone, applicants with lived experience, those who are Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning+ (LGBTQ+), people with a disability, or those from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds are actively encouraged to apply. We are proud to have also been awarded Disability Confident employer status. We have an ambition of becoming an anti-racist organisation and we recognise there is more to do in ensuring our recruitment is fair and inclusive, which is why we are recruiting new roles in helping us to achieve this. Please be mindful that we may need to close adverts early if we receive a high volume of applications, we therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible. If a shortened closing date has a significant impact on your ability to apply, please let us know.