Job Title: Support Worker
Salary (pro rata): £16,701 to £18,747
Total hours per week: 37.5
Rethink Mental Illness are looking to recruit a Support Worker to join our team at our residential home Lindsay House.
Our registered care home in Northampton provides support for 15 services users who have enduring mental health needs. The successful candidate will work with people living in the service, supporting them, identifying their needs and helping them to achieve their personal goals of recovery by promoting personal responsibility and self confidence to access mainstream resources and a socially inclusive lifestyle.
The role involves:
- To provide key worker support to a specified number of service users, including one to one individual support and liaison with other mental health agencies on behalf of people who use our services.
- Enabling individuals to self manage their personal and domestic resources and to undertake activities of daily living.
- To work with service users in developing, reviewing, monitoring and adapting support and safety plans.
- To monitor and report to senior staff on the effectiveness of support delivery.
- Contribute to the protection of individuals from the risk of abuse and harm to self and others who use our services.
- Encouraging service users to recognise, understand and manage factors that affect their mental wellbeing and physical health.
The post holder will possess:
- Experience of providing support to people with a mental illness; or experience of providing care and/or support services within another social care setting in either a paid or voluntary capacity.
- Knowledge and understanding of recovery principles and embedding the ethos of recovery into your own practice.
- The ability to make a comprehensive assessment of an individual’s situation and needs; to develop, implement and review risk management plans and devise support plans to meet these needs.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Good Organisational skills
In addition to the skill set and experience above, this would be a fantastic opportunity for someone who has a passion for mental health and if you’ve had previous experience providing support to people with mental illness, as well as their families, friends and carers.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- 33 days Annual leave including statutory/bank holiday
- Childcare Vouchers Scheme
- Where appropriate paid eye test plus up to £55 towards the cost of new glasses or lenses
- Excellent Career Development Opportunities
- The opportunity to make a real difference.
The post holder must be able to work flexibly as part of a 24/7 rota including nights, weekends and sleep ins.
We are currently recruiting Sessional / Bank workers who can bring additional skills and interests.
The closing date for this post is Wednesday 13 December 2017
Don’t forget to check out our You Tube channel to find out more about our values, culture and what it’s like to work at Rethink Mental Illness or visit our website
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
We are passionate about creating a diverse workforce and positively encourage applications from under-represented communities
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.