We recognise that with great ambition comes the need for great people and, as our vision has grown, so has our scope of operations. Reuben’s Retreat is now in need of an experienced Operations Manager to help ensure the smooth and efficient running of the organisation. This is a varied role for a highly versatile person who can thrive in a multi-disciplinary environment where flexibility and a can-do attitude are prized.
Reuben's Retreat was founded in August 2012 just 2 days after 23-month old Reuben moved to heaven. His legacy “Reuben's Retreat” will be a home from home for children with life-limiting or life-threatening illnesses to spend time with their family, to relax and recharge. It already serves as a bereavement counselling and support centre for families that have lost a child and for parents whose children may not reach adulthood.
This charity has a truly inspiring mission and this role offers the opportunity to join the team at a really exciting stage in its development.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To facilitate and deliver on the implementation of the strategic plans of Reuben’s Retreat ensuring the successful development of the organisation, focussing on the day-to-day management of the charity and its activities. To work closely with the CEO to develop new ideas. To manage and support the operational team members, leading by example to ensure that targets are met and there is continuity of delivery in line with the charity’s values and principles. To be responsible for all aspects of service operations ensuring delivery of services in line with contract and funder requirements, achieving high quality and positive outcomes for service users. To oversee and contribute to income generation and financial resilience through existing and new income streams.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to successful business planning and strategic development
- Financial management to an exceptional standard in line with governance methods
- Produce and report on the evolving budgets for income and expenditure, actual and projected
- Create, implement and review all internal policies and procedures, including HR, Health & Safety documentation and Risk Assessments in accordance with current legislation and charity commission guidance
- Manage compliance and reporting requirements including Charity Commission, Companies House, and statutory audit processes, including writing and managing the production of the Trustees Annual Report and Accounts
- Participate in the development and subsequent implementation of the fundraising strategic plan, which includes key activities, areas of required investment, KPIs and milestones as well as the projected growth of fundraising income
- Manage operational staff, including fundraisers, in line with the charity’s strategic plan and vision
- Manage awarded grants, monitoring expenditure, and ensuring that agreed outcomes are met
- Manage and maintain key supply contracts including utility suppliers and insurances
- Provide operational support to all staff with a particular focus on IT systems and hardware (including PC’s, printers, software & license, telephones, Sage, CRM, broadband/phones )
- Oversee the implementation of the new beneficiary data management system (Evide) and capture, analyse and report on MI data
- Maintain a comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of all relevant legislation, current and emerging best practice, and competitor analysis and ensure that this is used to inform and innovate future fundraising
- Research specific projects where necessary
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.