Providing unforgettable holidays for over 50 years
Revitalise is both the UK’s largest provider of respite holiday breaks, and the UK’s largest residential volunteering charity. With 50 years’ experience our three holiday centres now provide close to 5,000 essential breaks each year for disabled people and those who care for them.
At Revitalise we work hard to create amazing holidays for our disabled guests and their carers. We like to come to work determined that the world is going to be a slightly better place for people at the end of today than it was yesterday, and that we’re going to help make that happen.
A fantastic opportunity for either your first fundraising role in a dynamic and high performing team, or an opportunity to broaden your existing fundraising skills in a new and exciting arena. You will deliver excellent stewardship to existing funders by providing them with regular information and feedback regarding the impact of their donations, as well as developing new funding relationships to help achieve the fundraising target.
You will work alongside the other members of the Fundraising and Marketing teams to represent Revitalise in the best possible way and support our overall strategy, in particular in relation to how we develop applications and measure outcomes.
Summary of Main Duties:
- Achieve a yearly income target, as agreed with the Trusts and Foundations Manager
- Maintain and develop existing relationships with Trusts and other grant makers assigned to your individual portfolio, to enhance income for Revitalise
- Identify and research Trusts and other grant making bodies which have the potential to make donations to Revitalise and target them with the appropriate approach
- Develop and deliver high quality written proposals for funding, in line with the organisation’s strategic aims and operational requirements
- Ensure that all reporting requirements are met and reports submitted according to agreed schedules and in line with funders’ criteria.
- Provide excellent stewardship and present the best interests of Revitalise to a range of funders, through written, telephone and face-to-face contact
- To maintain accurate analysis and reporting about all supporters and applications, and to ensure the Revitalise database is kept up-to-date.
- To undertake any other duties that the Trusts and Foundations Manager may reasonably require.
- To ensure that all supporters are valued.
- To attend and contribute constructively to team meetings as required.
- To positively promote the work and activities of Revitalise at all times to ensure that it is acknowledged as a charity deserving of voluntary financial support by the general public.
- To engage with other areas of fundraising activity where appropriate.
- To support the Trusts and Foundations Manager and keep up to date with best practice in fundraising and comply with relevant legislation, regulation, and industry best practice.
This Job Description is not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other appropriate duties and projects from time to time.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.