A new opportunity has arisen within RFEA - The Forces Employment Charity for a highly motivated Employer Relationship Manager for Scotland to join its dedicated Employment Team embedded within the Career Transition Partnership (CTP). The role, based in Edinburgh, is principally to source and secure suitable vacancies and vocational opportunities for HM Forces Service Leavers (SLs) resettling through the CTP and to develop, secure and manage relationships with employers across the Scotland Region.
- Develop and implement an intelligence led, regional employer engagement strategy which links key regional employer job opportunities with the career requirements of all SLs. These should include full-time appointments, part time appointments, work experience placements, suitable self-employment and vocational opportunities.
- Proactively market the transferrable skills and experience of all SLs to potential employers, particularly potential regional key accounts.
- Work with employers across industry sector networks to determine future skill and talent pipeline requirements. Work with Key Accounts staff and regional CTP staff to integrate these into the CTP Transition, Training and Employment Support strategy.
- When required, manage the End to End (E2E) process for specialist key account employer recruitment campaigns focused in the region.
- Manage the relationship with key regional CTP stakeholders, including:
- Regional employment organisations.
- County and Local Council Armed Forces Champions.
- MOD stakeholders – including Defence Relationship Managers (DRM), Reserve Forces and Cadet Association (RFCA), Regional Employer Engagement Director (REED) and Regional Army Brigade Transition Staff.
- Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) regional Armed Forces Champions.
- Work closely, co-ordinate, liaise and provide employer engagement related support (when requested and when appropriate) to the affiliated:
- CTP Regional Resettlement Centre (RRC).
- Regional CTP Assist Specialist Employment Consultant(s).
- CTP Future Horizon Employment Advisor(s).
- RFEA Ex-Forces Employment Advisors (supporting Veterans).
- Officers Association Scotland regional employment staff.
- Maintain strong links with existing regional SME employers who have traditionally supplied appropriate jobs for SLs under CTP.
- Ensure all regional employer contacts are encouraged to register, enter and manage their own vacancies on the CTP web site.
- Maintain accuracy and integrity in all interactions with the CTP BMS (ADAPT), ensuring timely recording of own employer engagement activity.
- Share information on regional training opportunities with CTP Training and the Preferred Supplier (PS) Manager, especially those opportunities leading to jobs.
- When required, support the Key Account Manager in the management of any high profile, national and specialist employer recruitment campaigns.
- Promote and assist with the organisation of CTP Regional Employment Fairs, Sector Briefs, Company Insight Events and Brigade Transition Fairs - in conjunction with the relevant CTP RRC.
- Provide regular input to employment reports and CTP publications.
- When required, liaise with key regional Manpower offices in order to source regional employment opportunities that may be suitable for SL.
- Self Starter
- A comprehensive understanding of recruitment and industry intelligence, including the regional job market and vocational training, job matching, and selection.
- Proven track record of initiating and managing high-level and influential external relationships.
- Ability to deliver outputs against demanding schedules and work to a set of Performance Indicators (PIs).
- Strong presentation and all round communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong organisational skills and experience of managing and working in a team.
- Experience of using and exploiting advanced business management systems.
- Ability to analyse data and clearly present findings.
- Certificate in Recruitment Practice or equivalent (Training will be provided)
- Experience of marketing, PR and customer liaison.
- An empathy with and good understanding of Armed Forces personnel and their employability.
This is a permanent position with a competitive salary package of £30,000 to £31,000, depending on experience, plus employment benefits. To apply, please submit a Covering Letter and CV. Closing date for this position is 6th November 2021 with interviews likely to take place during mid November 2021.
Successful candidates will be required to undertake Ministry of Defence security clearance, which requires applicants to have been resident in the UK for the last 5 years.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.