RFEA the Forces Employment Charity are looking for a highly motivated self-starter with knowledge of the Armed Forces and Ex-Services charity network and the ability to understand the challenges faced my women who have served in the UK Armed Forces. This person will have a regional portfolio and based within the Catterick area with a significant amount or travel involved. The Military Women Employment Advisor (MWEA) will provide dedicated client case management and act as a focal point for RFEA's support to Military Women.
The successful applicant for this role will have a track record of delivering high quality results, with a strong customer focus and be capable of working independently to targets and deadlines. Strong communication, IT and organisational skills and an empathy and understanding of the challenges faced by female veterans and their families are essential qualities. A clean driving licence and exclusive use of a car is essential. NVQ Level 4 in Advice and Guidance along with a good understanding of the employment market and vocational training are highly desirable.
- Act as a focal point for RFEA’s support to Military Women.
- Promote RFEA’s support to Military Women directly on social media, at events including Employment Fairs and to charities and other organisations working with Military Women.
- Develop our programme of support to Military Women including provision of Advice and Guidance, and the development and use of a Mentor Programme.
- Work the dedicated caseload and with all of our Employment Advisers to develop our understanding of specific barriers to employment experienced by Military Women and the support needed to overcome these barriers.
- Work with our Employer Relationship Managers to ensure our routes into employment are suitable for the skills and aspirations of Military Women.
- Manage cases and employment opportunities using RFEA’s CRM and Jobs Board systems.
- Empathy with Armed Forces personnel and an understanding of the challenges faced by them and their families in finding appropriate and sustainable employment;
- A desire to achieve through self-motivation and initiative, with an ability to exercise judgement and discretion.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Driving licence and exclusive use of a car. There may be significant travel associated with supporting military women.
- Evidenced ability to provide effective case-working support to adults to achieve agreed aims.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills and experience of using a CRM.
- A good understanding of the employment market, including recruitment, welfare to work provision, work-based learning and vocational training.
- NVQ L4 in Advice, Information and Guidance.
This role is based in Catterick and initially on a one year fixed term contract with options to extend, 35 hours per week with a starting salary of £26,000 rising to £27,000 after six months plus additional employee benefits.
To apply please submit a covering letter and applicable CV. The closing date is 21st December 2019. Interviews will take place in early January for immediate start depending upon required notice periods.
Successful candidates will be required to undertake Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service checks and a Ministry of Defence security clearance, which requires applicants to have been resident in the UK for the last 5 years.