RFEA is looking for a highly motivated Employment Consultant to join its Career Transition Partnership (CTP) team in the Regional Resettlement Centre (Aldergrove). The principal role will be to develop employer relationships to support the skills of all Service Leavers resettling in Northern Ireland through employer engagement, employment and specialist employment support.
The successful applicant will be able to evidence a good level of customer service and strong communication skills in guiding and advising people from all age groups. They will have a sound empathy and understanding of the employment challenges faced by Armed Forces personnel. Experience in using advanced business management systems and the ability to analyse data and present findings. They will be capable of working independently to targets, performance indicators and deadlines. Knowledge of the local employment market, training and adult education opportunities is essential. NVQ Level 4 in Information, Advice & Guidance is highly desirable but training will be given as required.
Employer Engagement Responsibilities
- Maintain strong links with existing employers in Northern Ireland who have traditionally supplied appropriate jobs for Service Leavers under CTP.
- Develop and implement an intelligence led employer engagement strategy which links new, suitable employers and their job opportunities with the career requirements of all SL settling in Northern Ireland. These job opportunities should include:
- Full-time appointments, part time appointments, work experience placements, suitable self-employment and vocational opportunities.
- Market the transferrable skills and experience of all SLs to suitable employers, particularly potential key accounts in Northern Ireland.
- When required, work with the Key Accounts staff and regional CTP staff in RRC Aldergrove to integrate employer engagement activity into the CTP Transition, Training and Employment Support strategy.
- Share information on regional training opportunities with CTP Training and the Preferred Supplier (PS) Manager, especially those opportunities leading to jobs.
- Organise, promote and deliver Company Presentations and Industry Awareness Events.
- Engagement with local Brigade and other key stakeholders to promote the service of CTP in conjunction with RRC Aldergrove.
- Provide regular input to employment reports and CTP publications, such as the Industry Sector Guides and Regional Employment Bulletin.
Specialist Employment Support Responsibilities
- Functional management for this role: CTP Assist Manager
- Manage a caseload of referred individuals who have settled in Northern Ireland and, when required, the Republic of Ireland.
- Deliver specialist vocational case-working support and provide career, employment advice & guidance to allocated CTP (Assist) clients - in order that they achieve their Preferred Vocational Outcomes (PVOs).
- When required, liaise with the CTP (Assist) Manager in relation to caseload management.
- Provide effective CTP (Assist) case working support, using the CTP (Assist) CCMP, to provide careers, training and employment advice and guidance to all referred individuals - to include information on:
- Personal development opportunities and preferred employment outcome.
- Local training opportunities.
- Local/regional job prospects and leads.
- Work with referred individuals in Northern Ireland to agree individual career plans including:
- Advice on career choices (including use of MyPlan tool).
- Guidance in the development of a CV and preparation for interviews (using MyPlan).
- Advice on job searching (including use of RightJob).
- Job-matching with vacancies identified by the CTP’s RightJob and CET Client Advisors .
- If required, provide in work support to ensure individual employment outcomes are sustainable.
- Work with other known military charities in Northern Ireland to put in place referral routes for referred individuals with complex multi-faceted challenges other than employment.
- As a member of the 38 (Irish) Brigade PRU’s CTP (Assist) casework handling team, work with Personnel Recovery Officers (PROs) to deliver the employment aspects of CTP (Assist) Individual Recovery Plans (IRPs).
- Act as the CTP (Assist) Subject Matter Expert (SME) to 38 (Irish) Brigade PRU staff.
- Coordinate CTP (Assist) client access to training opportunities, supporting their applications for additional training grants as necessary.
- Co-ordinate employment and vocational aspects of the recovery process with other supporting military charities.
Employment Support for all job ready clients settling in Northern Ireland
- Provide an employment brokerage service to ensure all clients obtain appropriate work experience placements, work based training or employment outcomes in accordance with their resettlement plan.
- Work closely with the RC Aldergrove team to identify clients who are job ready and provide employment support and advice.
- Maintain accuracy and integrity in all interactions with the CTP BMS (ADAPT), RightJob and the CTP (Assist) portal, ensuring timely recording of all client and employer engagement activity.
This is Part Time position (21 Hours Per Week). Competitive Salary package £26,000 to £27,500 (£15,600 to £16,500 pro rata applied) depending on experience including employee benefits.
To apply, please submit a Covering Letter and CV. Closing date for this position is 6th December 2020.
Successful candidates will be required to undertake Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service checks and Ministry of Defence security clearance, which requires applicants to have been resident in the UK for the last 5 years.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.