RFEA the Forces Employment Charity is looking for a highly motivated self-starter with knowledge of the UK Armed Forces and Ex-Services charity network and the ability to understand the challenges faced by the families of serving personnel and veterans. This position will be based in Catterick, North Yorkshire, with a regional reach. The Families Employment Advisor will provide dedicated client case management in supporting the spouses and partners of serving armed forces and ex service personnel into employment.
The successful applicant for this role will have a track record of delivering high quality results, with a strong customer focus and be capable of working independently to targets and deadlines. Strong communication, IT and organisational skills and an empathy and understanding of the challenges faced by families of serving personnel and veterans are essential qualities. A clean driving licence and exclusive use of a car is essential. NVQ Level 4 in Advice and Guidance along with a good understanding of the employment market and vocational training are highly desirable.
- Develop a Spouses and Partners Engagement Strategy to promote the benefits of employment and FEA support to serving Armed Forces and Ex Service personnel.
- Promote FEA support directly on social media, internally to Employment Advisers supporting Service Leavers and Veterans, and to charities and other organisations working with military spouses and partners.
- Develop an Employer Engagement Strategy to generate employment opportunities for military partners and spouses, working closely with the Employer Relationship Manager and focusing on Employers who are potential funders.
- Proactively market the talent pool of military spouses and partners to Employers.
- Provide advice and guidance to spouses and partners of serving Armed Forces and Ex Forces personnel throughout the journey into employment following the RFEA Case Management Guidance and Work Instructions.
- Manage cases and employment opportunities using RFEA’s CRM and Jobs Board systems.
- A desire to achieve through self-motivation and initiative, with an ability to exercise judgement and discretion.
- Evidenced ability to provide effective case-working support to adults to achieve agreed aims.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills and experience of using a CRM.
- Clean driving licence and exclusive use of a car. There may be significant travel associated with supporting military spouses and partners.
- Empathy with Armed Forces personnel and an understanding of the challenges faced by them and their families in finding appropriate and sustainable employment;
- A good understanding of the employment market, including recruitment, welfare to work provision, work-based learning and vocational training.
- NVQ Level 4 in Advice, Information and Guidance.
This role will be based in Catterick and initially on a one year fixed term contract with options to extend, 35 hours per week with a starting salary of £26,000 rising to £27,000 after six months plus additional employee benefits.
To apply please submit a covering letter and applicable CV. The closing date is 21st December 2019. Interviews will take place in early January for immediate start depending upon required notice periods.
Successful candidates will be required to undertake Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service checks and a Ministry of Defence security clearance, which requires applicants to have been resident in the UK for the last 5 years.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.