RFEA are looking for a highly motivated self-starter with knowledge of the Armed Forces and Ex-Services charity network and the ability to understand the challenges more vulnerable veterans must overcome, particularly those who have entered the Criminal Justice System. This person will be both home based and working from the Veterans Hub, Holme House Prison in Stockton-on-Tees providing face to face support to veterans within the CFO Activity Hub Programme and to coordinate and deliver a range of specific activities with the Lead Provider staff.
Project Nova is a support programme for Veterans primarily identified in Police Custody but also with referrals from core police and partner organisations from within the community, it is focussed on early intervention, support and diversion at point of contact with the Police or partner organisation in order to prevent re-offending and a potential prison sentence. Project Nova is jointly delivered by RFEA and WWTW and working in partnership with the NHS Liaison and Diversion Teams, Police custody suites, Police response officers, HMPPS and partners within the community.
The successful applicant for this role will be highly motivated, have a track record of delivering high quality results, with a strong beneficiary focus and be capable of working remotely to targets and deadlines. Strong communication, IT and organisational skills are essential along with mentoring and coaching skills. Experience & knowledge of the criminal justice system, local government agencies and the ability to develop a network of contacts are also required. Will have a strong commitment to working with each veteran equitably and without prejudice, including those who are arrested for violent or sexual offences. Must have a clean driving licence.
NVQ Level 4 in Advice and Guidance or training will be provided for the right applicant along with a good understanding of the employment market and vocational training are highly desirable.
- Work as part of a team within the Veterans Hub, together with Lead Provider staff and Prison staff.
- Engage veterans with the Veterans Hub Activity Programme.
- Deliver the activities required in the Veterans Hub Specification.
- Work with partner organisations to deliver Veterans Hub Activities where RFEA and Project Nova cannot deliver the activity e.g. Football Coaching.
- Optimise the delivery of Activities which are separately billed as part of the Veterans Hub Activity Programme.
- Ensure that all activity is recorded on the MOJ CATs system, or other system as required by the contract.
- Deliver any further activities reasonably required by the CFO Programme Manager, the Nova National Manager and RFEA The Forces Employment Charity.
- Empathy with and a good understanding of ex-forces personnel and the challenges they can face.
- Highly motivated and independent, capable of working remotely from their line manager.
- Resilient and able to work with individuals with complex needs and cope with the rigors that arise from working with veterans in the criminal justice system.
- Commitment to working with each veteran without prejudice and in an equitable manner, including those who are arrested for violent or sexual offences.
- Experience of working with people using a mentoring or coaching approach to engage and support the individuals we work with to change their lives.
- Highly organised with strong IT skills and experience of using CRM systems.
- Strong communicator.
- Excellent team players who will contribute to a diverse and dedicated team.
- Driving licence and use of own car.
This is a permanent role of 35 hours per week with a starting salary of £26,000 rising to £27,500 after a six month probationary period plus additional employee benefits.
To apply please submit a covering letter and applicable CV. The closing date is 1st October 2021. Interviews will take place in mid October for an immediate start date where possible.
Applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS Disclosure and Non-Police Personal Vetting.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.